Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Well?

Wait on waitlists then go to BC
Retake in June
Both
Ron Paul

Author Topic: POLL: Stotan tries to convince Dischord to retake and reapply  (Read 2251 times)

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
At least I can f-ing think.

Yossarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Stotan tries to convince Dischord to retake and reapply
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
Would you be content to work in Boston post law school?
W&L '11

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
I vote NAY.

Why would you retake if you won't have time to study?  That's stupid.  BC is a fine school.  You'll do fine.
Michigan 2L

aporia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
Why do you have no interest in NDCG or Boalt, but have interest in MVP and UCLA/Vandy/USC/UT/WashU?  I can't make out the logic behind this.
Columbia 2011

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
i'm not trying to convince you to reapply.  i'm trying to convince you to retake and see what happens.

If you're taking in June and will still go to BC if you bomb, I change my vote to YAY.
Michigan 2L

Lobstah!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
    • If I only had a brain...
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »
i'm not trying to convince you to reapply.  i'm trying to convince you to retake and see what happens.

If you're taking in June and will still go to BC if you bomb, I change my vote to YAY.

In light of this new information I rescind my Nay vote and would like to resubmit as a Yay as well.

But if you don't break 170 go to BC. If it were me, I would probably still go even if I did break it. I feel you on being sick with entry-level and ready to get to school.
Don't think changing your avatar will make you safe.  I'll eat baby lobsters.  I'm not above that.

Kingdom of Lizards

AllTimeLow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
she got a 170 on her timed diagnostic.

she's elitist (you know it's true), and i think there's a good chance she resents all her classmates at BC for not being as smart as her.

it's 115 bucks, if you don't break 170 you can just go to BC.  i don't see why it's such a big deal.

I don't really see your logic there. If she's smarter than her BC classmates then she should do better the first year, no? Then assuming she does well she can look into transfering to schools that she could even hope of being considered at even if she hits 170. (Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia)
If she doesn't do much better than her BC classmates then how would of she have fared against t14 competition?

For being logical people, sometimes the people on this board really don't make a lot of sense.

Lobstah!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
    • If I only had a brain...
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
What's wrong with entry-level?   :(

I work for slightly less than 20$/per hour at a small firm and I couldn't be happier.  Working a temporary job with no work-related stress is probably something that all of us will envy in a few years.

Nothing at all wrong with it. My plan was to work for a year and then go to law school though, so me being "sick" of it is in part due to the fact that I'm sticking with that plan and now getting antsy. I'm ready.  ;)
Don't think changing your avatar will make you safe.  I'll eat baby lobsters.  I'm not above that.

Kingdom of Lizards

devilishlyblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »
Echo the person who talked about wanting to perform up to your own peak -- if you're hitting 170 on practices, a 163 is probably worth a retake.  Your boss might not understand, but in the long run there's a lot of other people whose opinions will matter -- yours included.  If it makes it easier, go and revisit, and explain to him that you just didn't feel at home -- which, if stotan is right, you probably won't.  At that time, you'll have a stronger LSAT (if not, the scenario is moot) and a sense that you didn't really belong there.  I'm sure he'll understand: you are, after all, only following in his footsteps.  And, if he doesn't, again: there's a lot of other people who matter, too.

Plus, I bet you can find something cool to do for a year.

And for the GPA to keep you out of Harvard despite the 180, it would have to be pretty low -- I bet you'd stand a better chance than you think.

PS1: We're in for a recession, sure, but the worst one since the Great Depression?  Ridiculous.  If this turns out worse than the Carter recession, I will personally sell all my baseball cards and issue a low-interest adjustible rate loan.
PS2: Wally, I grew up in Berkeley.  Anything on your mind?

devilishlyblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »
Well, your revisit is probably in about two weeks.  No sense discussing this until that happens, I guess?