Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still Waiting on UChicago?  (Read 1463 times)

mmg3327

• View Profile
    • LSN
Still Waiting on UChicago?
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
I just talked to a fantastically nice and tremendously helpful woman in their admissions office.  She told me that all applications that went complete in January will receive a decision by the close of business next Monday.

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Still Waiting on UChicago?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
I just talked to a fantastically nice and tremendously helpful woman in their admissions office.  She told me that all applications that went complete in January will receive a decision by the close of business next Monday.

Does this include applications already on hold?

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »
Yeah, what about us ED deferrals?  I was complete at the end of October, but deferred late in December.

PS-  Am I the only one that slightly giggles every time I type ED?  Gosh, I am immature sometimes.

mmg3327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
I have no idea.  You're obviously welcome to call them.  My guess is that they're pushing to get as many decisions (especially acceptances) as they can out the door by Monday in order to allow people to make last minute travel plans to come in for the April 5-6 ASW.

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
I have no idea.  You're obviously welcome to call them.  My guess is that they're pushing to get as many decisions (especially acceptances) as they can out the door by Monday in order to allow people to make last minute travel plans to come in for the April 5-6 ASW.

I called last week, kind of specifically asking this question, hoping to make it to the 4/5 ASD if I was in, and got the impression that they wouldn't be making decisions until after that date. Confusing.

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

Thank you! Best news! I m waiting for so long. Dying to hear from them!
not decided...

quincym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
Joining the deferred ED bandwagon in here.

biggame

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »
I just got the notification that my file is on hold and that I have until the 28th of this month to add to my file. Anybody have any idea when decisions will be made on files like mine? I was happy to get placed on hold after getting rejected by boalt already. What do you think the chances are of peopple on hold?

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 03:19:38 PM »
I just got the notification that my file is on hold and that I have until the 28th of this month to add to my file. Anybody have any idea when decisions will be made on files like mine? I was happy to get placed on hold after getting rejected by boalt already. What do you think the chances are of peopple on hold?

When I asked, the part that stuck out in my mind of what the Admissions lady said was, "Most people from the hold list end up WLed". I'm choosing not to believe her.

trojan3280

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
im ed deferred as well. i opted for the interview, and dean perry mentioned something about a general timeframe in which i should expect a decision, but i cant remember what exactly she said. i guess i was too distracted by the fact that id be waiting at least a couple of months.