Law School Discussion

SAT to LSAT predictor

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Re: SAT to LSAT predictor
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2004, 10:26:33 AM »
According to this formula, I would make a 164 on the LSAT.  We shall see if your prediction is accurate.
It seems to me that the SAT and the LSAT measure two totally different things.  (Well, besides the Reading Comp.) 
Besides, how many people actually prepared for their SAT?
I would like to see a prediction between the correlation between IQ score and LSAT score. 

Tom

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2004, 12:20:48 PM »
It was 1.9 points below my actual score.

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2004, 12:24:56 PM »
Never took the SAT, apparently my score is equivalent to a 1340-1370 though, which equates to a 165. I don't like my ACT score of 30 though. I was doing it first time, early in the morning, and the only section I did bad on was math, because I'd screwed off in math for the past four years. Everything else was 33-36 :P (Math was 20! :( )

ACT sucks donkey balls.

I should have taken the SAT....[sigh]

:-\

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2004, 03:10:55 PM »
According to this formula, I would make a 164 on the LSAT.  We shall see if your prediction is accurate.
It seems to me that the SAT and the LSAT measure two totally different things.  (Well, besides the Reading Comp.) 
I would like to see a prediction between the correlation between IQ score and LSAT score. 

IQ = 1.5(LSAT) - 114.9

BAFF213

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2004, 03:21:48 PM »

IQ = 1.5(LSAT) - 114.9

Interesting - I haven't had an IQ test in like 7 or 8 years.  Does that matter?

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2004, 03:58:33 PM »

IQ = 1.5(LSAT) - 114.9

Hmmm...Acccording to my IQ score, I should make between a 170 and a 171.  According to my SAT score, I should make a 164.  It either means that I didn't achieve to my potential on the SAT or that I have gotten dumber with age (I took the IQ test in junior high).

BAFF213: I think IQ scores are supposed to stay pretty constant throughout your life.  However, I suppose your IQ could change since the score is based on a comparison of how you did on an IQ tests (for example, the Stanford-Binet) compared with how other people did on that same test that were your same age.

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2004, 06:45:59 AM »
your formula gave me a 172 ... unfortunately i scored a 168.  I guess I've become an underacheiver since my high school days.  Either that or - as I prefer to believe - the calculation is slightly off.

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2004, 07:06:08 AM »
I haven't taken the real LSAT yet, but the practice tests put me at about 13 points lower than your predicted score for me (yes, the LSAT is currently kicking my ass). :( Maybe it will hold true in the real thing, though, with the help of some magic fairy dust.

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2004, 07:55:19 AM »
The IQ formula for me was more accurate than the SAT formula. (2 points, versus 4 points)

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2004, 09:26:14 AM »

IQ = 1.5(LSAT) - 114.9

Not for me. Wish i had gotten a 176