Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Single life and law school  (Read 14543 times)

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Single life and law school
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
In response to:

A) Then bring it on, STOTAN!
B) As you never concede the point on these boards, I will take this as a victory!

eta: I was simply embracing the supposed insulting label that was placed upon me...

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »
A) "Younger" is ok... 22 is not. I am mature and worldly-- and I'm in a different place in my life. I don't take shots at the bar anymore; I sip wine at home with friends. I'm SURE there are those 'young-uns' who do the same, but that's not the norm. Additionally, I'm no longer physically ATTRACTED to the baby-faced early 20s guys. 
B) Contrary to speculation... I am hot :-)

a) you'd be attracted to me
b) you're alright

eta: a1) if you have to say you're mature and worldy, you're not.
In Re A1: TITCR. A rich man doesn't have to tell you he's rich.

You have mail, stotan.

Falkies, I will have to briefly rescind my offer of friendship until I find out more about you. I have no problems with all kinds of tomfoolery and shenanigans with people who are single or dating. I'm not into getting into marriages though. That's kinda grimy.

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »
I was simply refering to posting a picture to prove that I'd be attracted to you...

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »
I was simply refering to posting a picture to prove that I'd be attracted to you...

i'm at work right now, but maybe if you're lucky i'll pm you one when i get home.

::)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
How would you know whether you have already or not?  Wedding rings come off, people lie..... My way is more honest
Because I have never had a one night stand. I'm no prude, but I get to know the people I hook up with. People can be as sexual as they want for all I care, but Marriage is just a wall that I don't want to break.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
How would you know whether you have already or not?  Wedding rings come off, people lie..... My way is more honest
Because I have never had a one night stand. I'm no prude, but I get to know the people I hook up with. People can be as sexual as they want for all I care, but Marriage is just a wall that I don't want to break.

Agreed, Bearly. I've never been part of cutting in on a relationship of any kind, let alone a marriage. I just don't think it's right to blame the person the husband is cheating with when it's ultimately the husband's decision to cheat.
It totally is. Primary blame lays there... But Falkies comments made it sound like she specifically targets people who may be having marriage problems because they are "nicer" to her. I just don't think that's cool. Sorry.

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »

Agreed, Bearly. I've never been part of cutting in on a relationship of any kind, let alone a marriage. I just don't think it's right to blame the person the husband is cheating with when it's ultimately the husband's decision to cheat.
It totally is. Primary blame lays there... But Falkies comments made it sound like she specifically targets people who may be having marriage problems because they are "nicer" to her. I just don't think that's cool. Sorry.

Meh. That still doesn't make a difference to me. If the guy has stones and respects his wife and his marriage, he won't cheat no matter how much temptation there is. My dad cheated plenty, and I never blamed the women he cheated with.

TITCR.
Temple University Beasley School of Law 2011

you fine american.

Final record: 5-1-4

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »

Meh. That still doesn't make a difference to me. If the guy has stones and respects his wife and his marriage, he won't cheat no matter how much temptation there is. My dad cheated plenty, and I never blamed the women he cheated with.
Like I said, primary blame def. is the cheater's. But...

I'll tell you what, if some dude goes out of his way to try to seduce my wifewhen he knows she is married, I will kick his ass and feel justified for doing it. That's why I wouldn't do it to someone else. Golden rule, you know?

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »

Like I said, primary blame def. is the cheater's. But...

I'll tell you what, if some dude goes out of his way to try to seduce my wifewhen he knows she is married, I will kick his ass and feel justified for doing it. That's why I wouldn't do it to someone else. Golden rule, you know?

I wouldn't kick anyone's ass for seducing my wife. Seduction is nothing unless it leads somewhere, then the whole thing is on her for giving in. I'd be pissed that the situation happened, and I would resent the guy for f-ing my wife, but all of the fault would be directed at her and no amount of tears or apologies would ever fix it. But then, in every relationship I've ever been in when things have gotten serious (I'm like you--I don't dig one-night stands), we've discussed the "I won't cheat on you, respect me enough to end the relationship before moving on" talk, and it's worked out well.
LOL... I have had that talk too, and all mine ended well too. I am still buds with every girl I ever dated.

My issue isn't with the fact that someone would sleep with a married person. My issue is that someone would get off on ruining someone else's life. How you are cool with that is beyond me. But I digress. I may be in the minority and overly zealous about this. Don't wanna take this thread any further off course than I already have. My apologies.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »
<--- wants to see bearly's punky girl  ;D
I'll email you.

Edit:Sent!