Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Law School Class of 2011  (Read 65134 times)

nakanaka

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Law School Class of 2011
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »
anyone received a financial aid package yet?  Or any correspondences from the finaid office after sending in your material?

The word is financial aid stuff goes out snail mail soon after April 1. If anyone has any better info that would be great.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »
::hopes cabra is enjoying her visit::

she is!

anyone received a financial aid package yet?  Or any correspondences from the finaid office after sending in your material?

The word is financial aid stuff goes out snail mail soon after April 1. If anyone has any better info that would be great.

per lsd last cycle, i was one of the first to receive the offer--mine arrived on 4/5 after being mailed on 4/4.

hth
Columbia 3L

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
::hopes cabra is enjoying her visit::

she is!

I am!

MCB is wonderful (and her apartment is spectacular) :)

I met Tom for a second too!

I'll be back again tomorrow for a class or two and a tour...anyone else wanna hang out?  :D
CLS 2011

Free Radical

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »
Hey MCB, didn't you have to decide between Columbia and Chicago back in the day? What made you ultimately choose Columbia? As of today, that dilemma now pertains to me. So I am excited! But I am also a little concerned. I booked a lfight and a hotel for the ASW in Chicago next weekend. I don't know that I will get the same opportunity with Columbia. How should I decide?

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 03:35:12 PM »
Hey MCB, didn't you have to decide between Columbia and Chicago back in the day? What made you ultimately choose Columbia? As of today, that dilemma now pertains to me. So I am excited! But I am also a little concerned. I booked a lfight and a hotel for the ASW in Chicago next weekend. I don't know that I will get the same opportunity with Columbia. How should I decide?
yea that was me.  i've been trying to find the thread i made to no avail.

basically, i just went with my gut feeling after visiting both schools.  when it comes to schools of this caliber, you gut reaction is pretty much the best thing you have.
Columbia 3L

aporia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
those of you who went to the March ASD: do you remember if there was anything important after 3 or 4 pm on Thursday?  I may have to leave early, and am wondering if I will miss anything major. 

Hmmm... a panel on careers in law, I think?  There was a practicing attorney, a grad who went into teaching, and a guy who had just received a clerkship offer.  Pretty interesting, actually, but nothing especially important. 

Also, you'll miss the closing reception.
Columbia 2011

nakanaka

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »
those of you who went to the March ASD: do you remember if there was anything important after 3 or 4 pm on Thursday?  I may have to leave early, and am wondering if I will miss anything major. 

Going down to NYU?

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 07:06:46 PM »
I got to *sort of* have lunch with MCB today.  It was pretty cool.   :)

(this is hank rearden btw)
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »
I got to *sort of* have lunch with MCB today.  It was pretty cool.   :)

(this is hank rearden btw)
:-* :-*
Columbia 3L

Morning Star

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »

Hmmm... a panel on careers in law, I think?  There was a practicing attorney, a grad who went into teaching, and a guy who had just received a clerkship offer.  Pretty interesting, actually, but nothing especially important. 

Also, you'll miss the closing reception.

Hmm, what goings on at the closing reception? 

Going down to NYU?

Nope.  My heart is with CLS.
CLS 2011