Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bush's lead has evaporated,  (Read 3163 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bush's lead has evaporated,
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2004, 07:53:25 PM »
You're saying that what I've presented is garbage?

you guys should start arguing that tax breaks for the wealthy are beneficial or something... at least one could possibly defend this view, but this other stuff is garbage.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2004, 07:54:51 PM »
I dont think it is very persuasive as a means to determine who to vote for.  What Boss Hog said about people dying because of malpractice lawyers is garbage.

you guys should start arguing that tax breaks for the wealthy are beneficial or something... at least one could possibly defend this view, but this other stuff is garbage.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2004, 07:56:36 PM »
I never said it affected my decision on who I'm voting for.  I focus purely on policies in that decision.  I'm simply stating why I dislike Edwards.  I also disagree with many of his proposed ideas, but that is a different story.

I dont think it is very persuasive as a means to determine who to vote for. What Boss Hog said about people dying because of malpractice lawyers is garbage.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2004, 07:59:18 PM »
Interesting.  If you find the article, please post it.  I would like to read it.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2004, 08:15:36 PM »
I found the article about Edwards killing people...

http://www.doctorhealthynet.com/artman/publish/article_275.shtml

Ok, we better start a tally...

Bush/Cheney - Undertermined, but 1k have died to a bs war at least.

Kerry/Edwards - 1 so far.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2004, 08:27:08 PM »
Again, Bush has nothing to do with this discussion.  We are talking about whether or not Edwards should be respected as a lawyer. 

foxnewssucks

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2004, 08:43:12 PM »

I see, well I guess I was misled by the topic.  Personally, I think that 97% of attorneys shouldn't be respected.

Again, Bush has nothing to do with this discussion.  We are talking about whether or not Edwards should be respected as a lawyer. 

foxnewssucks

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2004, 09:23:49 PM »
This is my opinion, but I really haven't heard any credible arguments to justify the war.  Has Bush saved a net increase in lives?  This might be possible, I do not know how many people Hussein was killing, but I guess the real tallys can't be counted for awhile.

1) that it is a BS war is your opinion, if you compare it to the background rate Hussein was killing, Bush has actually saved something like 10,000-20,000 lives thus far (I will grant that it can be argued that he could have lost fewer by other means, etc.)

2) Edwards has never had any power to cause more damage, so we have to base it on what he has done with what he had. 

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2004, 11:03:57 PM »
yo boss, if humanitarian reasona are sufficient to go to war then why dont we send troops to the sudan?

what's that you say?  sudan diesnt have WMD of a ruthless dictator which are sufficient to go to war?  then surely we should go to war with NK because they have both, right?

not

if you think edwards was a manipulator, what about bush?  look at the record.  he switched rhetoric on why we should attack iraq so many times it is embarassing, talk about flip flopping
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2004, 11:14:22 PM »
Yes, I am bias.  We were not even talking about politics, and you brought in Bush.  Wow, this brings new meaning to the word "hypocrite."

I didn't bother reading much of this thread.  I am just amused that MaroonOut is the incarnation of bias itself