Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bush's lead has evaporated,  (Read 3368 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bush's lead has evaporated,
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »
Yes, I am bias.  We were not even talking about politics, and you brought in Bush.  Wow, this brings new meaning to the word "hypocrite."

bush fits that bill much better than anyone else

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2004, 07:12:51 PM »
your expectations of how a lawyer should argue in court are totally unrealistic.  he is paid to be the advocate of his client and as LBJ said, "nothing convinces like conviction"; give the guy a break.

you dont like edwards but probably praise bush for sitting on his arse for 7 minutes whilt the country was under attack.  7 minutes!  he showed great leadership, reminiscent of a bump on a log
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2004, 07:13:41 PM »
I repeat, what does Bush have anything to do with my feelings about Edwards?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2004, 07:18:26 PM »
you think that the attorneys on the other side just argued the facts?  doubtfull. 

and i have read about edwards' past.  he wold represent clients that had little hope of winnign against the army of attornies they would face.  his actions are totaly consistent with those of a skilled attorney and i can find no fault; no actus reas.  i can neither find evidence of mens rea.

he is a good person who's record is cannot be factualy attacked

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2004, 07:23:57 PM »
Did Edwards represent some clients that needed to be represented?  Yes.  But that's like saying, "I turned in my assignment on time!"  What, does Edwards deserve a cookie for doing his job?

In my subjective opinion, attorneys should not handle medical malpractice cases unless there is scientific evidence backing their claims.  In these situations, there was virtually no evidence backing Edwards claims.  He obviously was a good lawyer for winning cases when there was no evidence.  But is he a good person for accepting these cases and driving innocent doctors out of practice?

And yes his record can be factually attacked, because I am doing so.

you think that the attorneys on the other side just argued the facts? doubtfull.

and i have read about edwards' past. he wold represent clients that had little hope of winnign against the army of attornies they would face. his actions are totaly consistent with those of a skilled attorney and i can find no fault; no actus reas. i can neither find evidence of mens rea.

he is a good person who's record is cannot be factualy attacked

DOWNY

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2004, 07:25:02 PM »
Any predictions about Edwards and Cheney?

Cheney is the antichrist. Even people who like Bush generally do not like Cheney. Cheney tells senators to go @#!* themselves on the Senate floor. He is a corrupt a-hole. He has sex with midget prostitutes in the Oval Office. Nobody like this fat @#!*. I don't know the stats now but earlier this year, around the time Edwards was selected as Kerry's running mate, Cheney's popularity with conservatives was 30%. Nobody likes him, except Shrub.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2004, 07:25:28 PM »
doctors went out of business? don't they have malpractice insurance?

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2004, 07:25:55 PM »
you are saying that edwards had no evidence to support his case???just emotional argument??? untennable argument

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2004, 07:26:56 PM »
Yup, in the case I am citing there was little to no evidence supporting his claim.

you are saying that edwards had no evidence to support his case???just emotional argument??? untennable argument

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2004, 07:28:53 PM »
virtually no evidence and mostly emotion were how edwards won??  sounds like unsubstantiated opinion, FRE 601 objection?