Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still No Decision from UF!!  (Read 4247 times)

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Still No Decision from UF!!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

PIZZAMAN86

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
I got in today too with a 159 and 3.66. My Index was 5.7 I think.

CoupDeGlace

• Sr. Citizen
  • Les Canadiens sont lŗ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
I finally got my gator skin envelope too... 5.7 index here (3.94/158)

I had been bracing for a ding from UF the way this cycle with them has been going... so this was a nice surprise.
UF 2011

FutureLLP

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
Congrats everyone! So who is attending?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
I'm at work, so I haven't seen my mail yet. But i was a 5.7er also, so I'm hoping for good news. Does FL give out scholarships? Or offer in-state tuition to those are not instate? does anybody do that?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
I'm at work, so I haven't seen my mail yet. But i was a 5.7er also, so I'm hoping for good news. Does FL give out scholarships? Or offer in-state tuition to those are not instate? does anybody do that?

bostr84777

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
   First, I want to say thank you to everyone on this board for getting me through this most difficult process. I got into FSU about three weeks ago and was going to withdraw my app from UF today (Monday), to send FSU my deposit. After seeing the posts about the 40% thing and that letters for those who applied by the priority deadline would be going out this week though, I decided to wait a little bit longer. However, today I finally got in, and it is honest to god a dream come true for me. My uncle and aunt who I grew up with, and who are both alumnusís and current state judges, have inspired me a lot throughout my life, and I have always, always, sought to follow in their footsteps and attend UF.

I went through a lot to get to this point, and believe the other posters who said that UF looks for diversity in their classes. I got a 148 on my first LSAT attempt, and last year, after applying to 14 schools (mostly 3rd tier, but a couple 1st and 2nd including UF), I did not get into a single one. I almost gave up on my dreams. I thought that no matter my scores, I would not get in anywhere because of my history. I dropped out of high school at age 15 after a bad domestic situation with my parents through childhood, some poverty, and having to move from place to place living with different relatives and the such. I was bitter, thinking that my past had caught up with me, and that my early hardships and mistakes would dictate the rest of my life.

However, I retook the LSAT and got a 157, and my UGPA is 3.57 (5.6 Index). I did most of this myself, but without following the discussions on this topic and the board over the past two years about multiple LSAT scores and UF, I probably would have given up on my dreams. So thank you, thank you so much.

billymahogany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
   First, I want to say thank you to everyone on this board for getting me through this most difficult process. I got into FSU about three weeks ago and was going to withdraw my app from UF today (Monday), to send FSU my deposit. After seeing the posts about the 40% thing and that letters for those who applied by the priority deadline would be going out this week though, I decided to wait a little bit longer. However, today I finally got in, and it is honest to god a dream come true for me. My uncle and aunt who I grew up with, and who are both alumnusís and current state judges, have inspired me a lot throughout my life, and I have always, always, sought to follow in their footsteps and attend UF.

I went through a lot to get to this point, and believe the other posters who said that UF looks for diversity in their classes. I got a 148 on my first LSAT attempt, and last year, after applying to 14 schools (mostly 3rd tier, but a couple 1st and 2nd including UF), I did not get into a single one. I almost gave up on my dreams. I thought that no matter my scores, I would not get in anywhere because of my history. I dropped out of high school at age 15 after a bad domestic situation with my parents through childhood, some poverty, and having to move from place to place living with different relatives and the such. I was bitter, thinking that my past had caught up with me, and that my early hardships and mistakes would dictate the rest of my life.

However, I retook the LSAT and got a 157, and my UGPA is 3.57 (5.6 Index). I did most of this myself, but without following the discussions on this topic and the board over the past two years about multiple LSAT scores and UF, I probably would have given up on my dreams. So thank you, thank you so much.

Congrats!  Fellow 5.6 admit here.  Anyone else still waiting?

I'll most likely be attending. 
In:  UF, Tulane, FSU($), Miami($$$), Stetson, Oregon($)
Out: Washington and Lee
W/L: Arizona
Decision: UF c/o 2011!