Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thank-you gift for recommenders?  (Read 4632 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Thank-you gift for recommenders?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 02:18:04 PM »
I sent mine a thank you letter.  My recs are quite spread out, time wise.  I got on last spring during my senior year, I went and asked another prof for one this spring, and I'm asking for one from an attorney I work for now.

I sent thank you letters to my professors since I don't see them often any more.  I may buy my attorney a gift certificate or a bottle of wine or something after he sends the rec in (so it doesn't look like influencing).

I also think that, in Dec, Jan, Feb, when ever it is that I know where I'm going, I'll pick up some memoribilia from the school for each of them, and send it on, thanking them again for the recs and letting them know what my plans are, where I'm going, etc.  That way they get to see that they did, in fact, help me by recommending me, and they'll hear again how grateful I am.  Best of both worlds, IMHO

sodashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thank-you gift for recommenders?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 03:27:34 PM »
Im not sure if its the right thing, but I sent a nice thank you card with a box of good chocolates to my recomenders along with telling them what schools I had been accepted to.  I think sending something is nice because of their effort.  Cheers.

That's what I did... chocolates are always a nice little gesture. And don't forget the personal thank you note. I also sent flowers to one of my recommenders because he was retiring...