Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Faulkner - Jones School of Law  (Read 1536 times)

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
Faulkner - Jones School of Law
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
I received a full ride scholarship at this school, and I'm thinking about going here.  I plan to work in the public field as a prosecutor so the T4 ranking doesn't concern me much.  However, I am hesitant because it's only provisionally approved by the ABA.  If the law school loses its provisional approval before I graduate, does anybody know if I would be able to transfer my credits to another law school?  Also on a side note, does anybody know anything about the quality of education at this school?  I've heard some non-ABA approved law schools (which is what Faulkner was prior to 2006) provide a decent education while others are just plain old substandard.  Any help would be appreciated.   

DietChek

• View Profile
Re: Faulkner - Jones School of Law
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:06:12 AM »
It has a questionable reputation in Alabama at best.  Even with the full scholarship I would be weary especially considering that it is the third best law school in a small legal market state.  It would be very difficult to get out of Alabama with a degree from Jones, however that is just my opinion.  Good luck.

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »
Do you think it'll be hard for me to get a job in the public sector, particularly as a prosecutor, with a degree from Faulkner?

DietChek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
The only Faulkner grads I know are public defenders, so I am not sure about prosecutor jobs.

Cloggie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
I just heard about a school who lost its provisional acceptance before the first class could graduate and so now they're all screwed.  Also, maybe because I'm in NY prosecutors here all come from T1 or upper-T2 schools.  I work for a public interest org right now and everyone is a T1 grad with the exception of those who went to CUNY (an all public interest school). 

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »
I just heard about a school who lost its provisional acceptance before the first class could graduate and so now they're all screwed.  Also, maybe because I'm in NY prosecutors here all come from T1 or upper-T2 schools.  I work for a public interest org right now and everyone is a T1 grad with the exception of those who went to CUNY (an all public interest school). 

Yea, that's the worst case scenario that I'm worried about...  All of those students were unable to transfer their credits to another school? 

ExpLo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:16:05 AM »
The only Faulkner grads I know are public defenders, so I am not sure about prosecutor jobs.

Were those public defenders practicing in Alabama or out of state? 

Cloggie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »

Yea, that's the worst case scenario that I'm worried about...  All of those students were unable to transfer their credits to another school? 

It was case by case (depending on where they transferred to I suppose) but some had to start from scratch.  None of the to-be-graduated 3Ls got full credit.