Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame's provisional list for Fall '08  (Read 4035 times)

azhawk08

• View Profile
Notre Dame's provisional list for Fall '08
« on: March 17, 2008, 02:46:50 AM »
Anyone else on the dreaded provisional list?

I applied early decision (in late October) and was put on provisional list in Dec.  Talked to admissions, they said I should hear something mid-late April.

J/W if anyone else is in the same boat!

Vietnow

• View Profile
Re: Notre Dame's provisional list for Fall '08
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:55:19 AM »
On the list as well. Put on in early January, also heard from admissions that we'd get word sometime in April.

If someone gets in off the waitlist what do you think the chances of getting some scholarship money? Probably pretty low, right?

azhawk08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:11:10 AM »
Ya know, I'm not really sure about that.  You'd think that the money would be gone by then... but an admissions counselor I spoke with said that actually, a lot of money becomes available because other students are turning them down.

So... if 50 kids who were offered $10,000 all turn it down... she made it sound like that frees up cash for people coming in off the waitlist.

She was extremely encouraging when I spoke with her.  Told me not to count ND out yet, and to avoid making a final decision if I could.  So, she definitely got my hopes up.

jcheste8

• Sr. Citizen
  • Getting excited about law school!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »
I am in the same boat as you azhawk. I applied ED in Oct., waitlisted in December, and am waiting now for word. When I talked to admissions in January, they said they hoped to start movement in mid to late March but I'm glad you updated this for me. I was getting nervous not hearing anything and haven't seen any movement on LSN.

As for money, I have heard people talk about getting off of ND's waitlist and getting money so if that happened it definately wouldn't be unsual. Best of luck to all of you.

jcheste8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
Has anyone heard anything new or when we might hear something?

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
Just heard from ND that I'm on this provisional list thing. Oh well.

TimmyNG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 01:42:19 AM »

Yeah - me too. Anyone have any stats about how many are accepted off the list each year? Seems like a ton of people are on it.

Also, is there an essay or form you're supposed to fill out to show your still interested in ND?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 11:20:36 AM »

Yeah - me too. Anyone have any stats about how many are accepted off the list each year? Seems like a ton of people are on it.

Also, is there an essay or form you're supposed to fill out to show your still interested in ND?

I"m on it.  From what I recall, they also give a you a "FAQ" sheet in the mail that answers some of your questions.  (I don't remember what it said off the top of my head.)

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:05:22 PM »
Looks like there was some movement today for some on TLS.

jcheste8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »
Sorry if I'm lame but what's TLS? One person apparently got off the waitlist on April 4th according to LSN but they don't show anyone else yet. I'm think ND's deposit is due this week maybe and so we could possibly see some movement soon????