Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame's provisional list for Fall '08  (Read 4019 times)

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Notre Dame's provisional list for Fall '08
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
Sorry if I'm lame but what's TLS? One person apparently got off the waitlist on April 4th according to LSN but they don't show anyone else yet. I'm think ND's deposit is due this week maybe and so we could possibly see some movement soon????

There's some discussion about this here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28311&start=75 . At least two applicants on that thread have been taken off the waitlist.

The waitlist, as I've been told, will not be reviewed, at least formally, until April 15. At this point, they supposedly know how many students didn't send their April 10th deposits in, thus how many seats they have open, and select a number of applicants to fill them. Students accepted at this point can expect to hear news of their admission by the end of April. The applicants taken off the list at the above thread were informed via email, phone, so you might hear earlier than that.

Additionally, I was told by an English woman in Notre Dame's admission office today that other applicants, not accepted by the end of April, will be re-reviewed following the school's (June 1?) second deposit deadline. I doubt, however, that there will be many seats left at this point.

Good luck fellow Provisional List applicants.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »
It's another forum. I think mods removed my link but good "top law schools".

LTF

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
I got a call from Ms. Moriconi yesterday asking if I was still interested. She said admissions would begin meeting yesterday afternoon and today to evaluate waitlist applicants. Good luck to everyone.

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »
I got a call from Ms. Moriconi yesterday asking if I was still interested. She said admissions would begin meeting yesterday afternoon and today to evaluate waitlist applicants. Good luck to everyone.

Did you not fill out the continued interest form, or are you just an awesome candidate? ;)

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 11:25:32 PM »

Ms. Moriconi is awesome, btw. Does any school have a better admissions staff than ND? They set the bar very high.

LTF

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35:05 AM »

Did you not fill out the continued interest form, or are you just an awesome candidate? ;)

Neither really.. My heart skipped a few beats when I heard who she was (number was blocked). I've seen two people already be accepted off the WL - I just hope she's nice enough to let me in after she called me! :) ND was pretty much my dream school, and I already have a deposit down somewhere else where I figured I was heading. Now my hopes are all up again - here's to hoping for the best - good luck.

likelysober

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:04 PM »

Neither really.. My heart skipped a few beats when I heard who she was (number was blocked). I've seen two people already be accepted off the WL - I just hope she's nice enough to let me in after she called me! :) ND was pretty much my dream school, and I already have a deposit down somewhere else where I figured I was heading. Now my hopes are all up again - here's to hoping for the best - good luck.

Did you write a LOCI?