Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of San Diego Law (Video of law school) 1L taking Questions  (Read 7471 times)

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of San Diego Law (Video of law school) 1L taking Questions
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 08:14:28 PM »
bump.

Sno you killed my thread.. lol!  ;)
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Einstein that is a nice place you live at. I drive by it all the time when i go get my Coffee Bean fix. Thanks for all the good info. Being from San Diego, and still here, I do have some favor towards USD. I look out at USd every morning from the 5 as I make my way to work. I work during the day now up in carlsbad but live near downtown so im probably going to have to find a different job or just quit all together. What are your views of job prospects for part time vs. full time. Having a science background im sure helps a ton for you but I unfortunately am a Soc major.

Einstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »
Einstein that is a nice place you live at. I drive by it all the time when i go get my Coffee Bean fix. Thanks for all the good info. Being from San Diego, and still here, I do have some favor towards USD. I look out at USd every morning from the 5 as I make my way to work. I work during the day now up in carlsbad but live near downtown so im probably going to have to find a different job or just quit all together. What are your views of job prospects for part time vs. full time. Having a science background im sure helps a ton for you but I unfortunately am a Soc major.

I really dont think it matters much.  PT or FT. As long as you have the grades. 

Yea, Promenade is nice, but to afford it you have to have roommmates :) 

Hope you get in to USD  :)
Practice LSAT: 147(d), 150, 151,143,152, 156,161,163,161,160,157,163,158,162

University of San Diego School of Law!

raider1984

• View Profile
i got in off the waitlist into the part-time program!!!!!...im pretty sure im going to deposit there and hope i get into the full-time....but im also pretty happy with part-time! yayayayaya!!

sno

• Sr. Citizen
  • run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
i got in off the waitlist into the part-time program!!!!!...im pretty sure im going to deposit there and hope i get into the full-time....but im also pretty happy with part-time! yayayayaya!!

just ask early to transfer as early as u can at orientation  :P
usd class of '09!

harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

Ace23NY

• View Profile
    • Email
I just got into the evening program off the waitlist last week too. I only applied to USD because I don't want to leave San Diego (who would?). I'm pretty sure I'm going to go through at least the first semester in the PT program and then consider transfering. Is there any downside to doing this?

Also, your thread rocks. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.

sno

• Sr. Citizen
  • run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
i'm not TOO sure, but i don't think u can do just 1 semester pt...i think once you're in pt, it's either the whole year or you just go ft...assuming u go pt the first year and then ft, no, i don't think there's a HUGE disadvantage to this...i would just make sure u take enough classes during the summer so that you can finish in 3 years instead of 3.5 (for tuition $ reasons)
usd class of '09!

harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

murph0110

• View Profile
    • Email
ty to op for this post and a few more questions....

how many summers do you go?  and, how many classes in the summer?

are you exaggerating at all about what sounds like a great party atmosphere?  can you expand more on this?  weekly gatherings, happy hours, etc?  i know for my mba part time we had a very social group, but, from what one professor told us, we were very lucky, as most incoming classes were not like us...

what is the average age?  oldest?  youngest?  do you ever mix with full-time students?

can you please expand on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year weekday classes and times... you said it is hard for 5:30 classes, what do you mean?  so, in those years other than the 1st year, are you always going 4 nights a week?

i see ILRG lists median salary as 70k - can you confirm this?  any friends with salary history?

ty so much again - and - you said you need roommate still?

murph0110

• View Profile
    • Email
bump for op :)