Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener University- TAP Program  (Read 4736 times)

KaptivatingDiva

• AOL Instant Messenger - MsGunitBootie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Widener University- TAP Program
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
I just found out that I am invited to attend Widener University's TAP Program.  I was wondering if anyone else may have attended the pogram or know someone who did.  I'm just curious about what the classes are like and my actual chances of being accepted after I complete it.

Ulty

• View Profile
Re: Widener University- TAP Program
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Diva,

Here is a link, http://www.lawstudentparadise.com/forums/pre-law-discussion/3426-special-admissions-programs.html, to another discussion board in which there is a long discussion regarding special admit programs.

If you are very serious about going to law school, my suggestion is to do well in this program because if you don't they may not accept you.  Evidently they saw something in your application that has interested them, but they are concerned with your ability to do well in law school.  This program is a great, and maybe your only opportunity to show them that you have what it takes.  Over the next few months take the time to build your writing skills because writing is the most important skill for law school.  The ability to write does not mean you write well, or that you write on the level that is expected of law students. Most entering law students are too overconfident regarding their basic writing skills. 

Good luck!

Ulty

MsNaNa

• Put your lifetime in between the paper lines...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »
Hey Diva,

I actually received the same offer and was searching for information on the program when I ran into this site. Now I also visited the link that Ulty posted. I have a few questions. I'm hearing both negative and positive opinions of Widener's TAP Program.

I know of a girl that actually completed the program. She ultimately was not accepted into Widener's JD program. Unfortunately, I don't know her well enough to ask those type of questions.

What are you thinking?
Life is a lesson... but you learn it when you're through!

Taisha21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
Hey guys...I have been offered the same. I have decided to go for the program...it doesnt hurt to try..although expensive it could be well worth it in the long run. This is a chance to see if law school is rreally for you and also a chance to prove yourself.........show these people that you are capable of succeeding in law school. so i say if given the opportunity...GOOO 4 it...what do u have to lose??? well besides some cash! lol

MsNaNa

• Put your lifetime in between the paper lines...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »
Hey Taisha,

It's nice to hear that you are going to go for the TAP Program. I actually sent in my deposit for the program as well. I am not 100% sure that I will be going to the program but I did not necessarily want to give up on it either. I agree with you on the fact that it's well worth the try.

So... have you heard from any other schools as yet? Did you apply anywhere else? Are you looking forward to it or what?
Life is a lesson... but you learn it when you're through!

Taisha21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »
Hey MsNana,
   I did apply to a few other schools. I have been waitlisted at Rutgers, but I am not depending on that. I am looking forward to the TAP at Widener, I feel that if law school is right for me, I will do well.  Have you applied to any other schools or have you decided if you will attend TAP? I believe its all about how bad you want it. My goal is to become an attorney, so whatever obstacles come my way, I am willing to take upon the challenge...let me know how u make out with things!

mb64973

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »
Hey all-- I just got in to the TAP program as well. I'm coming from North Carolina. Admissions called me to notify me yesterday and said they would overnight a package of information to me. Does anyone know how much it costs? Is the only place they hold this program in Harrisburg, or is there another location in DE? I bet we have to get apartments to live in for the 2 months...

I have read on other websites that they take about 60 applicants and admit about 30. Have any of you all secured apartments there? Is there housing provided by the school?

Madison

jjacks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »
In total the program is 1500.  Plus 600 if you choose to live in Widener housing for the program. Did anyone choose to live in Widener housing? Does anyone have any other schools on hold?  Currently, I have two other schools that I paid a deposit for but I would really like to get into Widener so I don't have to move and quit my current job. Does anyone know when we might get a final decision?  From the letter it says it might not be until July 31.

ranger002

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
Hello All,

I was searching for information on TAP and came across this message board.  I will be going to the TAP program at the DE campus(living there as well).  I just received the first hw assignment and purcahsed the books. 

Has anyone heard anything about the TAP program? Difficulty? Tips? Etc.

Thanks