Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PACE LAW SCHOOL  (Read 1855 times)

Just_Chexin

• View Profile
Re: PACE LAW SCHOOL
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
bump.

Amistad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »
Uh well, I believe I saw BLS and NYLS on the website of the top BigLaw firm. I mean, I know absolutely crap about BigLaw so who knows what that's worth.
3.64/166

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »
I'm considering going to Pace.   Partial scholarship there.  Have not heard from NYLS, expecting an acceptance though.  Pace seems to be a nice campus - and the dorms at least have each person getting their own room, so you don't need a roommate.  I believe many things are walkable as well in White Plains.

epicac

• press play
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
Depends on what you want to do with your degree. If it's clean bathrooms or houses, go to Pace. If you're more interested in doing janitorial work in big offices, I'd go to NYLS.

Here's a homework assignment.. ask 10 janitors if they are happy in life, and ask 10 big time lawyers the same question.  I'm willing to bet there's an equal number of YES answers between the two.
riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels...

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
I wouldnt mind living in the White Plains area and working in a smaller firm.  Seems there could be worse places to be.

justadreamer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 12:03:29 PM »
anyone went to the NYLS open house for admitted students this saturday?? what you guys think?

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »
I was at the Pace open house on Saturday.  Anyone else?  Some observations:

Not as well-organized as I would have hoped.
Dorms are subpar.  I would have to live off-campus.
Didn't get to meet as many admitted students as I would have liked.
Didn't get the most friendly feeling from the current students.

shelfgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
I was at the open house on Saturday.

I have a family and own a co-op in Manhattan, so will not be living in the dorms.  Nor did I stay past the second informational session.

The event wasn't as well organized, but I really felt that the administration is easily accessible.  In addition, I really like how from day 1 you are already working on your resume and that we can participate in externships for credit in 2nd and 3rd year.

I am choosing between Pace and Rutgers-Newark, mainly due to the financial burden of Brooklyn/Cardozo vs. Pace/Rutgers.  After Saturday, I am 90% sure I will be attending Pace in the fall.

I am confident that I will have a great job out of school.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
shelfgirl, as of now it is my top choice as well; it wasn't all bad, but those were a few of my observations.  I really wonder whether Pace is worth the cost, even with a partial scholly.

It was unfortunate, for me, that I didn't get to meet as many incoming students to get a better feel.  Many seemed to bring siginificant others or their parents, which is ok, but it was my first ASD and I wanted to meet more 0L's. 

The Dean told me that 2/3 of incoming scholarship recipients are able to keep them.  I'm not sure if I believe that.

But anyway, I am into environmental law and the location is not bad.

shelfgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Madness-

I am guilty of bring my spouse - who left once the mock session started.  Once alone at the lunch reception, I kept busy by talking to the various tables.  (The only one I wasn't impressed with was the Women in Law School table.)

I got the feeling that those of us with scholarships are wanted to help the school with numbers and don't doubt that it is possible to maintain at least a 3.0.

I am not interested in environmental law, but am interested in Real Estate and think that Pace will give its students a lot of support to find jobs (as long as Big Law is not your goal).