Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?  (Read 11619 times)

oh noez

• View Profile
Re: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »
On American BBC today, the President of the Irish Americans Association said that he is very disappointed that St. Patrick's day has turned into a stereotypical (and sometimes negative) portrayal of the Irish.  Drunkenness was one of his complaints.  The other was when Pres. Reagan had a bunch of Midgets dress up as leprechauns and run around the White House and sit on his lap during a photo op.

Still, I hope you had fun.   ;)

oh wow, what a sight to see. and yes... i had fun. i completely forgot about ASU last night!

Also, ASU has not responded yet to my email asking about the "Welcome" email. I still plan on posting their response, if there even is one.

I find this all a little odd...I've been admitted as of Saturday the 15th when I got the letter in the mail. I never knew there was a status checker. I also never got this email that everyone is upset about. Good luck everyone, and don't worry, I'm seriously considering ASU and if/when I decide against it, I'll withdraw my name

Yeah, it seems as if anyone that was accepted up until this point did NOT received this email.. which doesn't inspire too much hope that it means anything. I'm assuming at this point that it means they are still deciding on those who did receive this email. Also, people who were rejected around the same time you were accepted received an apology email for getting the ASURITE email (which many, in fact, did NOT receive).
Just out of curiosity.. did ASU send you any information yet about setting up an ASURITE ID? Or did they just send you a letter of acceptance and that was it?

rockstar23242

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
I got the letter of acceptance only. I didn't get anything else but if I do I'll post the info here.
LSAT 190, GPA 4.2

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
I got the letter of acceptance only. I didn't get anything else but if I do I'll post the info here.

thanks, cirenos. you've been helpful!! btw, are you thinking of actually attending ASU?

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 02:03:08 AM »
Any other people receive this email yet who haven't been accepted?

rockstar23242

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:47 AM »
Yeah I'm definitely thinking about it. It has great access to a growing market, I have friends down in AZ too. I just hope I get some financial aid to offset the cost of out of state tuition.
LSAT 190, GPA 4.2

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »
Yeah I'm definitely thinking about it. It has great access to a growing market, I have friends down in AZ too. I just hope I get some financial aid to offset the cost of out of state tuition.

yeah, well at least after a year you can claim residency and get in-state tuition. Phoenix is a great place, but you have to be ready for the heat--it is like nothing you've ever experienced. I never knew that you could sweat for no reason when the AC is on until I went to Phoenix (but I happened to be there when records were being set for high temps). anyways, if i get in, see ya there!

gophils215

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just need one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »
I got the e-mail even though I was already dinged.  I received a follow-up e-mail the same day that basically said "Oops."
Homerun:
Strikeout: BC, ASU, Hastings, UVA, Davis, W&M
3-2 Count: USF, Chapman
Batters' Box: Everywhere Else

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »
I got the e-mail even though I was already dinged.  I received a follow-up e-mail the same day that basically said "Oops."

seems to be the general consensus from those who were rejected.. sorry about getting dinged.  :(
thanks for the input.

MikeBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 07:49:22 PM »
I applied to ASU, but didn't get the email. I still haven't heard from them, but I would have been incredibly pissed off if I got this email because of an error since ASU is my top choice.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 08:28:47 PM »
I applied to ASU, but didn't get the email. I still haven't heard from them, but I would have been incredibly pissed off if I got this email because of an error since ASU is my top choice.

when did you apply? You might be getting this email soon if you applied a little late in the cycle.