Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?  (Read 11470 times)

oh noez

• View Profile
Re: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
from their FAQ page:
Q: Who is eligible for a My ASU personal start page?
A: Any active or admitted ASU student, faculty or staff with an ASURITE User ID can set up an ASU start page.

So if you have access to a personalized "My ASU" page, i guess you're in?

well, i have a My ASU page! I don't want to assume that I'm in though, it will just make it 20xs more devastating if I receive a rejection letter. I've been waiting for 5 months, I'm getting a little antsy!

rigmastft

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
I was admitted a few weeks ago, so I think they have started doing their admittances.

I have also already receieved my financial aid award.

Sometimes they do it with alacrity, where as other schools have kept me waiting for too long.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
from their FAQ page:
Q: Who is eligible for a My ASU personal start page?
A: Any active or admitted ASU student, faculty or staff with an ASURITE User ID can set up an ASU start page.

So if you have access to a personalized "My ASU" page, i guess you're in?

well, i have a My ASU page! I don't want to assume that I'm in though, it will just make it 20xs more devastating if I receive a rejection letter. I've been waiting for 5 months, I'm getting a little antsy!

I was admitted a few weeks ago, so I think they have started doing their admittances.

I have also already receieved my financial aid award.

Sometimes they do it with alacrity, where as other schools have kept me waiting for too long.

I have found nothing prompt about their system.

Quaildogie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 12:48:28 PM »
I just received that email too.  Why in the world would they give an email address without an acceptance?

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:34 PM »

I just received that email too.  Why in the world would they give an email address without an acceptance?

to be cruel, it seems. I sent an email requesting an explanation for this email. I think that it was pretty irresponsible of them to send this out without explaining it. Other schools that have given me a user id have explained that it was only for specific reasons (i.e. to check statuses, update info, etc). ASU likes to torture us, especially since the subject of the email was "Welcome to Arizona State."   

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »
SERIOUSLY!  What else was I supposed to infer from "Welcome to Arizona State"? 

Does the FAQ really say that?  This is weird and annoying-although worth it if I am accepted. 

haha, I agree 100% since ASU is my top school. they can torture me all they want as long as i get in. And yes, the FAQ does say that. However, since we can't receive emails to that address, is it really a valid email?
I think at this point the admissions committee is waiting to get seat deposits from the people they really want (those they've already informed of admission) and then will decide on us. Hopefully the email means we're in the next round.. since it seems that not everyone received it. I'll post their response to my email (i requested an explanation for the "welcome" email) when I receive it.

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »
Those lucky ones of you who know you're accepted - does your status on ASU's status checker reflect as much?

I noticed when I logged into it today that it had my 2009 FAFSA as "received" which I think was new. Of course, I'm looking for any shred of evidence to convince myself I might be accepted (in spite of the fact that I've not been complete long and will likely wait quite a bit longer).

Anyway, just curious if anyone has seen the green check mark indicated that they've been accepted in their status checker.

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
Bummer.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
yeah, i have no change as of today either.
i just decided to get sloshed for st patty's instead of thinking about it.  ;)

rockstar23242

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:25 PM »
I find this all a little odd...I've been admitted as of Saturday the 15th when I got the letter in the mail. I never knew there was a status checker. I also never got this email that everyone is upset about. Good luck everyone, and don't worry, I'm seriously considering ASU and if/when I decide against it, I'll withdraw my name
LSAT 190, GPA 4.2