Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?  (Read 11199 times)

oh noez

• View Profile
Last night I received an email from Arizona State that said "welcome" and told me how to set up an ASURITE account. I have NOT received any notification via mail about my decision status. Today, I called the office of admissions and they said that everyone who applied has received this email and that it in no way is related to my decision status. WTF. I am not sure if I can believe this because I was deferred from early admissions and never received an email like this when I applied in November.

So, my question is this: has anyone else who applied to ASU received this email.. and been rejected?

Also, did everyone actually get this email?

I live in Ohio, so I'm hoping that the mail is just taking a long time to get here from AZ and that this means I'm accepted. I can't take this!! I need to know!! Please put my mind at ease and tell me that she had to say that about it not meaning anything.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ASU "Welcom to Arizona State" Email--did anyone else get this?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
I applied, albeit rather late, and did not receive this email.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:43:37 PM »
I applied, albeit rather late, and did not receive this email.

Thank you so much for the response. I'm just hoping that the lady I spoke with was just not permitted to divulge information about acceptance over the phone.

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
I have not gotten this email, either, but I used to be an ASU student in undergrad and still have an ASURITE account. If you set up your account, you can log on to it to see your application status. I don't know how good they are about updating it, though. My file was complete March 3 and the app status checker says it was complete March 13. Worth logging in just to see if it says you've been admitted, though.

After you have an id/password, go here: https://www.asu.edu/go/studentcenter/ and log on to check app status.

Good luck!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
Last night I received an email from Arizona State that said "welcome" and told me how to set up an ASURITE account. I have NOT received any notification via mail about my decision status. Today, I called the office of admissions and they said that everyone who applied has received this email and that it in no way is related to my decision status. WTF. I am not sure if I can believe this because I was deferred from early admissions and never received an email like this when I applied in November.

So, my question is this: has anyone else who applied to ASU received this email.. and been rejected?

Also, did everyone actually get this email?

I live in Ohio, so I'm hoping that the mail is just taking a long time to get here from AZ and that this means I'm accepted. I can't take this!! I need to know!! Please put my mind at ease and tell me that she had to say that about it not meaning anything.

Ok, so it says that my app is complete as of March 13, 2008 as well. However, it was complete back in December. I just don't understand why they would have supposedly sent out this email en masse without explaining it if it didn't indicate acceptance. However, my status does not say admitted. But thanks for the link, it will be my new obsession to visit it until I get my letter.

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
Haha, it's my new obsession, too.

I have a feeling they just entered the applicants into the system yesterday. Especially if your app was complete months ago and it just says it was complete yesterday. I've been checking this site fairly frequently since submitting my app and until yesterday, it said I had no applications pending.

I still never got that email, though, so maybe that does mean something good for you - I hope so. Someone in another thread mentioned receiving a similar message, but maybe it's just for the lucky ones who've already been admitted.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
thanks, now i just need to know if people without existing asurite id's got this email and can check their status. ASU really should have sent an explanation with the email if it is only for checking statuses, they are being unnecessarily cruel. Do you remember which thread you were on? I'll look for it. I was checking on LSN and it looks like a few people got acceptances/rejections this week.. I don't know. This is just driving me crazy because I got deferred from early admissions and have been waiting sooooooooo long and need to send seat deposits in soon.

tweedledee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »
I don't blame you - that's a long wait. It was this thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,103009.msg2645449/topicseen.html#new

I hope that link works.

And in my obsessive LSN research regarding past years applications, it looks like there's usually a lull before mid-March where they're not issuing many decisions and then it picks up the second half of the month and into April. I'm resigned to being one of those who hears in May or possibly even later if I get wait-listed.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »
I applied and was rejected... didn't recieve the first email. I did recieve an email apologizing for the email to which you are referring.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 05:11:21 PM »
Ok, I just officially opened up an ASU EMAIL ACCOUNT. I sent myself an email from it, it actually works. Why would they give me a working email address if I were rejected?! UGH THIS IS IRRITATING! My status still says complete instead of accepted.