Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OU vs TTU  (Read 1190 times)

Paxton_Free

• View Profile
    • Email
OU vs TTU
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
Hi Guys,

Having a hard time deciding here.  I live in Texas and probably would like to practice here, and TTU's median salary for private law is higher than OU's, but does OU have a better reputation and better chance for employment due to its higher ranking?

Just wanted your thoughts.

Thanks!

Paxton_Free

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OU vs TTU
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
what's OU?

The University of Oklahoma....  Sorry, for those that aren't really in this region 'OU' might not make much sense.

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »
what's OU?

I think it's a law school in Oklahoma. Somewhere in the vicinity of Norman.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
To answer the OP's question, Tech does better in Texas than OU. Check out the NALP site as well as the 2007 Legal Almanac published by Texas Lawyer. Page 58 of the almanac gives the data for BIGTEX hiring by law school. Same number of hires from Tech as HLS and YLS combined, interestingly.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.

Paxton_Free

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:44:30 AM »
To answer the OP's question, Tech does better in Texas than OU. Check out the NALP site as well as the 2007 Legal Almanac published by Texas Lawyer. Page 58 of the almanac gives the data for BIGTEX hiring by law school. Same number of hires from Tech as HLS and YLS combined, interestingly.

Thanks for the info - is there an online link to the almanac?

Thanks

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »

Thanks

You probably have to get a hard copy from the publisher, but I'm not sure. I subscribe to Texas Lawyer so I get mine in the mail every year.
http://www.texaslawyer.com  

Paxton_Free

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

Thanks

Certainly appreciate the direction.

Thanks again.

You probably have to get a hard copy from the publisher, but I'm not sure. I subscribe to Texas Lawyer so I get mine in the mail every year.
http://www.texaslawyer.com  

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
!!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »
Okay, I dont know much about OU...but I do know a bunch about TTU...GO THERE! I am a 1L at TTU, and it is AMAZING. I'm so glad I came here...if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message!
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L