Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How come UCLA and USC haven't rejected me yet??  (Read 3414 times)

roxybear

• View Profile
Re: How come UCLA and USC haven't rejected me yet??
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
For what it's worth, my friend had a meeting with the Assistant Dean of Admissions at USC today (he is in at another grad program there and is trying all he can to get into the law school) and said that in the office that there were stacks of acceptance packets that they are supposed to mail out tomorrow or sometime next week.  So hopefully that will happen and people will finally start to hear something from USC!
: ) Emory, Baylor($$), Hofstra($$$), Chapman($$$$), Loyola Chicago ($$), Temple ($$), Pepperdine ($$$), Chicago-Kent ($$$), Loyola ($$$), Cardozo ($$), Wake Forest, HASTINGS!!
: / Fordham, CU, W&L
: ( GM, GULC

165/3.3

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=roxybear

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »
Ugh, I know! I open my mailbox everyday hoping for a thick envelope from USC/UCLA.  Thank god there's no online status checker or I'd be hitting F5 all day. :)

panim86

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »
Still no word. Why do auto-rejects take so long?

panim86

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »
Oh,okay. I guess the same appliesto UCLA??

USC likes to send out rejections after they give out the acceptances, so don't worry, we will get our rejections in due time.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »
I should counter and mention that USC has the highest proportion of "diverse" students and is one of the smallest classes besides Yale.

tiefenbr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »
I was waiting for my USC rejection letter too, but I just got accepted today!!!!  After seeing their acceptance stats from February I thought I was screwed, but apparently they decided to start accepting some 166ers!  (3.85 btw)  Still waiting for UCLA.  Been complete since early November.

Bigdrew09

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
Congrats, now i just wish USC would throw a little love my way and help a 170 splitter out! :)

uclafromIL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 02:06:55 AM »
FYI - UCLA Law has received around 8000 applications this year (2000 more than last).  Please be patient with the Admissions Office.  I don't think they were expecting such a huge increase in applications, especially since the national trend is a decrease.  Dean Schwartz is a great guy and is very helpful.  I'm sure he wants to provide you all responses as quickly as possible.