Law School Discussion

GULC waiting...

GULC waiting...
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
It seems like they are quick to respond with a decision.  I, however, haven't heard a peep for over 2 months.  Anyone else still waiting?

Re: GULC waiting...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
Status Checker switched to decision within the past couple days for me.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
yes, still waiting...

Samson, B.

• GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:06:18 PM »
Status Checker just switched to decision for me earlier today, though it seems most people as of late have been waitlisted so I don't really think the odds are in my favor...

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:30:29 AM »
I applied 1/10 and I went to decision as of yesterday on the status checker... I'm looking forward to adding it to my rejection letter pile :-/

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 07:23:34 AM »
I applied 1/10 and I went to decision as of yesterday on the status checker... I'm looking forward to adding it to my rejection letter pile :-/

I applied 1/14 and went complete 1/23.  Not yet at decision.  Feeling obsessive, I looked through all the apps on LSN that went complete in January (about 140) and then counted how many didn't have decisions yet (19, or about 15%).  I'm guessing we'll hear pretty soon.  Their status checker does say that it "typically takes 8 weeks" for a decision from the date of completion, and LSN seems to bear this out.  Eight weeks is 3/19 for me - a week from yesterday - so my stomach is churning.  Hang in there, everyone!

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:18 AM »
I applied in mid February and didn't check the status checker until yesterday and I am complete but I have no idea how long ago I went complete.  Do people wait 8 weeks even to get admitted?  Most of the schools I applied to it seems like the faster you hear the better your chances, my WL seem to have taken longer than most of my acceptances.