Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm going to assume that.....  (Read 13180 times)

eastend

• View Profile
Re: I'm going to assume that.....
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »
I think the OP is right in the sense that people are going to assume their black classmates are there because of AA (even if unwarranted). I'd hate to be a black person that got a 175 on the LSAT. I'd have a female dog of a time convincing people I was there out of merit :D

I wouldn't waste a second trying to convince some sorry hater that I deserve to be @ X Law School.  The only people I'll worry about are my professors; for them, my work will speak for itself.  Any student pathetic enough to waste mental energy on such inconsequential nonsense, such as my supposed "inferiority," will just have to get used to seeing me around.  I've already made my decision: I will not share my #s (even if I score a 175 on the JUNE LSAT LOL) with anyone @ my future law school. They'll just have to wonder...or squirm ;).

You're funny.  I think all your posturing is your way of convincing yourself that race based AA is fair.  I bet your praying for a good score so you can trumpet it to all who'll listen.   P.S.  ;)  :o  ???  ::) = a 147 on the LSAT.

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »
You're funny.  I think all your posturing is your way of convincing yourself that race based AA is fair.  I bet your praying for a good score so you can trumpet it to all who'll listen.   P.S.  ;)  :o  ???  ::) = a 147 on the LSAT.

oh no, the world is so unfair!  you're such a victim!

anti-aa trolls crack me up.

Uh, huh. 

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
I will not share my #s (even if I score a 175 on the JUNE LSAT LOL) with anyone @ my future law school.

You shouldn't do that anyway.

Agreed. It's just like the people who share their scholly amounts on LSD & TLS.  I don't get it--I was raised to keep things like that to myself.
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
I think the OP is right in the sense that people are going to assume their black classmates are there because of AA (even if unwarranted). I'd hate to be a black person that got a 175 on the LSAT. I'd have a female dog of a time convincing people I was there out of merit :D

I wouldn't waste a second trying to convince some sorry hater that I deserve to be @ X Law School.  The only people I'll worry about are my professors; for them, my work will speak for itself.  Any student pathetic enough to waste mental energy on such inconsequential nonsense, such as my supposed "inferiority," will just have to get used to seeing me around.  I've already made my decision: I will not share my #s (even if I score a 175 on the JUNE LSAT LOL) with anyone @ my future law school. They'll just have to wonder...or squirm ;).

Oh, dear! Are you still bitter about your failure to penetrate the T6?  :(
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »
I will not share my #s (even if I score a 175 on the JUNE LSAT LOL) with anyone @ my future law school.

Agreed. It's just like the people who share their scholly amounts on LSD & TLS.  I don't get it--I was raised to keep things like that to myself.

Well, LSD is designed to help people understand the whole process, scholarships included. I don't see posting info like that on an impersonal board like this as gloating, etc.

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »

Well, LSD is designed to help people understand the whole process, scholarships included. I don't see posting info like that on an impersonal board like this as gloating, etc.

That's one way to look at it :).

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Oh, dear! Are you still bitter about your failure to penetrate the T6?  :(

Awwwwwww, snap, girlfriend!

I was just giving friendly advice as far as the whole  :) ;) :D ;D is concerned.   Most people who do that tend do be, um, how to put this delicately, mm, let's say, they tend to be somewhat limited in their vocabulary.  It would have been more polite to say 'thank you', and never do it again. 
The crack about the T6 was uncalled for and factually incorrect. 

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »
I think people are starting to trickle over from xoxo and jdunderground more and more these days....

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
Most people who do that tend do be, um, how to put this delicately, mm, let's say, they tend to be somewhat limited in their vocabulary. 

you've done a scientific study on this or are you just generalizing based on a limited data set?

Oh girl, Harvard did a study and it was all proven and stuff.   Thanks for your contribution.

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Most people who do that tend do be, um, how to put this delicately, mm, let's say, they tend to be somewhat limited in their vocabulary. 

you've done a scientific study on this or are you just generalizing based on a limited data set?

Oh girl, Harvard did a study and it was all proven and stuff.   Thanks for your contribution.

so more the latter.  got it.

Awwwww, snap.