Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm going to assume that.....  (Read 13372 times)

charlottem

• View Profile
I'm going to assume that.....
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »
Every black female I see at law school does not deserve to be there.  I will assume she is there because of AA.  I will assume she is less intelligent than her classmates.  I will assume that she will find it hard to graduate.  AA - making an ass out of YOU and ME.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm going to assume that.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 01:13:54 PM »
xoxo?

mikephelps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
Every black female I see at law school does not deserve to be there.  I will assume she is there because of AA.  I will assume she is less intelligent than her classmates.  I will assume that she will find it hard to graduate.  AA - making an ass out of YOU and ME.
I think you could have put that in a more constructive, less bitchy kinda way.  I just looked at LSN and saw that someone got into W&M with a 144 LSAT.  Of course that person is going to black and female.  That doesn't mean, however, that she is stupid.  I disagree with AA based on color.  For all we know, Ms 144 LSAT is rich and had the best of schooling, and doesn't deserve that kind of break, but she got it, so let's keep the conversation respectful.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »
One should also consider that a white student of the same background/location recieves no special treatment.

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:17:55 AM »
I think the OP is right in the sense that people are going to assume their black classmates are there because of AA (even if unwarranted). I'd hate to be a black person that got a 175 on the LSAT. I'd have a female dog of a time convincing people I was there out of merit :D

Chakrabarty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »
Good thing you don't have to worry about the black thing or the 175 thing.

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:25:06 AM »
Good thing you don't have to worry about the black thing or the 175 thing.

was that an unnecessary snide remark?

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »

Why black females?  I thought both black males and females got the same unfair advantage.

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Every white male I see at law school I am going to assume that they would not have been able to get the LSAT score and GPA (at the T25 UG school they attended) that they did if they had had the same heritage/trials as contemporary African Americans. 

heritage/trials as contemporary African Americans?

Does AA only apply to graduate school?  Many minorities got into their 4 year T25 school with the help of AA.  When does the actual education overcome the 'heritage/trials' of contemporary African Americans.

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 08:48:58 PM »
I think the OP is right in the sense that people are going to assume their black classmates are there because of AA (even if unwarranted). I'd hate to be a black person that got a 175 on the LSAT. I'd have a female dog of a time convincing people I was there out of merit :D

I wouldn't waste a second trying to convince some sorry hater that I deserve to be @ X Law School.  The only people I'll worry about are my professors; for them, my work will speak for itself.  Any student pathetic enough to waste mental energy on such inconsequential nonsense, such as my supposed "inferiority," will just have to get used to seeing me around.  I've already made my decision: I will not share my #s (even if I score a 175 on the JUNE LSAT LOL) with anyone @ my future law school. They'll just have to wonder...or squirm ;).
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me