Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Mason vs. Temple vs. Cardozo  (Read 2533 times)

ikin455

• View Profile
Re: George Mason vs. Temple vs. Cardozo
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
FWIW, Temple also seems to have some programs and partnerships abroad that would be really beneficial if you're serious about international law.

http://www.law.temple.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=TempleLaw&page=Prospective_Study_Abroad

http://www.law.temple.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=TempleLaw&page=Graduate_International_Program

thanks! yea i saw that also on their website and they really do seem to have a strong International law program from their materials they've sent and a 1L I talked to..
In: George Mason, Temple, Cardozo, Hofstra
Waitlisted: Fordham, BC
Out: GW

ikin455

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »
the Temple ASD is definitely on the 29th?  I was accepted but haven't heard about ASD yet.

yup.. they didn't send me the info about it until a week or two after I was accepted so maybe you'll hear about it soon? Congrats on the acceptance!

imagurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »
Thank you! Congrats to you too. I'll be there this weekend checking Philly out as well.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »
Thank you for the input! I'm going to Temple's ASD 3/29 so maybe we can compare visit notes later :) Did you go for an informal visit or was it a Admitted Students type of event?

It was mostly informal, but I did go on a tour.  I liked it overall.  The neighborhood is a little lacking, but Philly's not so huge compared to, say, NYC so it's not far from the cool places.

TimBeConfused

• Enforcing the Guarantee!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
I enjoyed my tour of Temple.  The building felt a little like a labyrinth, less windows than other schools but not too bad.  The biggest downer of the trip was that I later found out there was a shooting in the subway station a few blocks up Broad Street while I was taking my tour/sitting in on a class.
If the present Congress errs in too much talking, how can it be otherwise in a body to which the people send one hundred and fifty lawyers, whose trade it is to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour? ~ Thomas Jefferson

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »
I enjoyed my tour of Temple.  The building felt a little like a labyrinth, less windows than other schools but not too bad.  The biggest downer of the trip was that I later found out there was a shooting in the subway station a few blocks up Broad Street while I was taking my tour/sitting in on a class.

:-\
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:02:48 PM »

That qualifies as a HUGE downer
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

ikin455

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »

That qualifies as a HUGE downer

Yikes! Yeah it does.. I know some people who went there undergrad and they said that they were fine as long as they didn't stray in the neighborhoods around campus.

jm85

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 05:06:35 PM »
I don't know about the other two but I went to GMU undergrad and I know they have a good law school but there is a reason I didn't even apply for law school there....don't go there

Outlaw22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
I say Mason. Arlington is great. DC is at your fingertips. Highest ranked and you'll get in-state for 2 years.
Penn Law Class of 2011