Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College 2011  (Read 8447 times)

blues86

• View Profile
Re: Boston College 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »
I'm an undergrad at BC and the university actually is closed for Easter right now.  I'm not sure if all of the administrative offices will be open on Monday either; my assumption is based on the fact that no classes meet until after 5:30 PM (after business hours).  However, if you go to www.bc.edu/help, you can e-mail the tech people, and they might e-mail you back this weekend; from my experience, they've been pretty quick about answering e-mails.  Also, you could try 617-552-4357 (the tech help desk) and see if anyone picks up.  Good luck!

ohhayitskk

• Sr. Citizen
  • please don't stop the music
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 12:11:17 PM »
my fin aid stuff appears not to be posted...and i'm actually now having trouble logging on to agora. anyone else having these issues? i tried calling the office but wasn't able to reach anyone...i'm guessing due to holy thursday/good friday. i suppose i might have to wait until monday to get this sorted out..ick!

Mine's not posted either.   ???

If you find out anything, let us know . . . also, do we have to file our own and our parental tax returns with the fin aid office BEFORE we get an offer, or just before matriculation?  Because the one thing the website is telling me is that they don't have my tax returns yet.

i called and heard back from them today...i guarantee they are sick of me there already, but it seems that if you did fafsa and need access, you're complete for now, it's just a matter of waiting. all that other tax return stuff doesn't have to come until later.
bc eleven.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:55 AM »
Hey guys just wanted to make three pointers:

1. Quite a few of us missed the accepted students day. If someone who went could post anything they found informative about the event, it would be really really appreciated.

2. If you haven't yet already check these sites out, they are quite helpful:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10440775517
http://www.eagleionline.com

3. In past years, students have often organized local events to meet up with one another over the summer. If you know of an event or want to plan one, message me so I can post it on facebook and eagleionline so other students can see--one of the editors gave me access to the calendar just for this reason.
To whom much is given, much is expected.

gwgod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »
The most interesting thing I found out is that the legal writing professors are full-time, and not adjunct.  I think that shows a pretty solid commitment to teaching actual legal "skills" so you'll have an advantage against your peers who graduated from other schools.

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »
I'm a sneaky little bugger who went up to the FinAid office after I was done with my lunch, but before the following panel.

As for how informative the ASD was, I can't say that it really was. Most LSD-er's are information addicts who've probably heard all the employment info, etc. before.  The benefit for me came from seeing the campus, seeing the classrooms, the library, etc. Btw, you can take food or drink into the library as long as it's not "noisy or smelly."   So, I guess that means you probably shouldn't have a waiter bring you sizzling fajitas and curry to your desk.

As a side note, we had a mock class and admissions gave 10 names for the prof to randomly call on and drill.  Personally, I didn't even know there was something we were supposed to read until the night before.  If the second girl who got called on happens to be reading this -- I feel soooo sorry for you.  That was brutal.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »
I'm a sneaky little bugger who went up to the FinAid office after I was done with my lunch, but before the following panel.

As for how informative the ASD was, I can't say that it really was. Most LSD-er's are information addicts who've probably heard all the employment info, etc. before.  The benefit for me came from seeing the campus, seeing the classrooms, the library, etc. Btw, you can take food or drink into the library as long as it's not "noisy or smelly."   So, I guess that means you probably shouldn't have a waiter bring you sizzling fajitas and curry to your desk.

As a side note, we had a mock class and admissions gave 10 names for the prof to randomly call on and drill.  Personally, I didn't even know there was something we were supposed to read until the night before.  If the second girl who got called on happens to be reading this -- I feel soooo sorry for you.  That was brutal.

other things that were helpful: meeting the current students, meeting the admits (hi there :) !) etc.
And the mock class wasn't brutal, IMO. The prof was pretty funny and friendly.

Oh no no, I liked the prof and I liked the class.  But remember when that person that hadn't seen the brief got called on?  That's what I was referring to. 
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

RockShox007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 03:57:39 AM »

hahaha, I second that... It wasn't horrible, just pretty bad for what's supposed to be a nice relaxing day

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 05:52:57 AM »

Haha, I didn't think they would ACTUALLY test people on the Socratic method on the ASD!? ... But I guess it's better to learn the system now than on your first day of class. I feel so out of the loop for having missed it. What did you have to read?
To whom much is given, much is expected.

ImACuckoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
So it's looking more and more like I'm going to be at BC next year. I'm pretty excited for everything but the debt involved. There's still one school that's in the running. However when it comes to my gut feeling, I think I will be at BC in the fall.

Any other comments about the ASW? I thought about attending but I had visited just a few weeks earlier and figured it probably wasn't worth the $$ to fly out again just to meet a few prospective students (though I'm sure it would have been great).

ohhayitskk

• Sr. Citizen
  • please don't stop the music
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »

no *&^% huh...that poor girl.
bc eleven.