Law School Discussion

Cornell Decision Waiting Room

Re: Cornell Decision Waiting Room
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »
?

« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »
Summer waitlist for me. Letter dated 7/10. My online status went from decision to complete, then back to decision on the day the letter was sent. No idea how many people are on this waitlist though...anyone talk to Admissions about it?

GPG

« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
called today-- found out i got dinged. :( Fyi, they are wrapping up the final group of reserve list ppl this week, so ppl who are still waiting should definitely call and find out. Good luck to everyone still on the WL!

« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
Summer wait list for me.  Any idea how many people are on it?

« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
I spoke with Admissions today. There are about 75-100 people on the WL. There have been some withdrawals, but they were previously overenrolled so there is still no space in the class. I was told that if only "a few more" people withdraw, there could be some WL movement. Sigh.

« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
How many of you are staying on?  I need to sign a lease, but cornell is still my top choice.

« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
How many of you are staying on?  I need to sign a lease, but cornell is still my top choice.

Krystal82, you know my dilemma from the other thread, but I'm going to stay on the Cornell WL at least for now. I'll hang on till the very end if I pick Fordham, but will eventually have to drop out if I pick USC. The whole Cornell thing seems pretty dismal at this point though. Anyone else?

Also, there are about a million temporary-ish sublet possibilities in Manhattan/northern NJ..avoid a lease if you really want to wait it out. It'd at least minimize your loss if you were to leave at the last minute...

« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »
Yeah, but my roommates are all set to go, and the lease would begin Aug 1. If I give up the apartment, it will be very difficult to find roommates and an apartment again if Cornell doesn't pan out. I'm also getting a lot of money at Fordham, so that would also be hard to give up.

Yeah i guess i'll sublet, if I actually make it in.  which doesn't seem too likely, i spoke with Patina from admissions and she said in past years they made 5-10 offers to the summer waitlist.

Sigh this process is soo hard!!

jt, have you come a verdict yet on your dillemma? Hope to see you at Fordham. Also, try to get money out of them if you want to attend. Speak with Stephen Brown, he might give you something.

« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »
Yeah, but my roommates are all set to go, and the lease would begin Aug 1. If I give up the apartment, it will be very difficult to find roommates and an apartment again if Cornell doesn't pan out. I'm also getting a lot of money at Fordham, so that would also be hard to give up.

Yeah i guess i'll sublet, if I actually make it in.  which doesn't seem too likely, i spoke with Patina from admissions and she said in past years they made 5-10 offers to the summer waitlist.

Sigh this process is soo hard!!

jt, have you come a verdict yet on your dillemma? Hope to see you at Fordham. Also, try to get money out of them if you want to attend. Speak with Stephen Brown, he might give you something.

I've decided that I need to visit USC before deciding either way. I hope to make it out there early next week, if not later this week. And I agree, this process sucks. But it seems like every time I'm forced to put a deposit down on a school, another school decides to admit me. So here's hoping on Cornell! (Also hoping that how quiet this thread got is indicative of the number of people who have declined the WL offer...). Krystal, are you waiting on anywhere else, or are you down to Fordham/Cornell?

« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »
well if you checked my previous thread, I was debating between Vandy and Fordham, but I'm now defintely attending Fordham unless Cornell somehow comes through.