Law School Discussion

Cornell Decision Waiting Room

Re: Cornell Decision Waiting Room
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »
Any word on when the reserve-listers should expect to hear from Cornell?  Still the first week in June?

« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »
Any word on when the reserve-listers should expect to hear from Cornell?  Still the first week in June?

I called them today and was told that deferred applicants will be reviewed very soon.

« Reply #352 on: June 05, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
I haven't sent anything in to Cornell after my initial app. I am waiting on reserve right now and I'm starting to wonder if it was a bad idea not to send in any LOCI's. The only way I would go to Cornell is if I got $$ offered. Do you think my chances of both admission and $$ are much slimmer now b/c of my lack of contact? If so, how much?

« Reply #353 on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »
I think that being on the reserve list in general means you shouldn't expect any $$. LOCI would have no effect.

« Reply #354 on: June 05, 2008, 11:55:03 AM »
I think that being on the reserve list in general means you shouldn't expect any $$. LOCI would have no effect.

I would have assumed the same, but I've seen a number of people get accepted off of WL with $$ on LSN. Is that just financial assistance $$/scholarships for low income students?

fsohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #355 on: June 05, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »
Remember that anyone can get GradPLUS assuming there is not something disastrous in their credit and they are not a member of Al-Qaeda. Seriously, I've known some people with pretty bad credit (credit card defaults, and that sort of thing) but they still got GradPLUS.

« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »
They currently have a bit over 200 who have made deposits and are slated to attend. The reserve list will probably be rejections and waitlists.

« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »
They currently have a bit over 200 who have made deposits and are slated to attend. The reserve list will probably be rejections and waitlists.

If what you say is true, deferred applicants have awful chances.

« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
I speak the truth

GPG

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »
I just called today in the afternoon and the woman I spoke with basically confirmed what MrDiggler said.  She said they were reviewing the reserve list this week and that I should expect to hear a decision by the end of June.  When I asked if they anticipated making any offers to reserve list candidates, she said that it depended on whether or not any seats opened up.  She also told me that I could call back in a few days-- later this week-- to get a better update.