Law School Discussion

Cornell Decision Waiting Room

dpwc

• View Profile
Re: Cornell Decision Waiting Room
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »
i just went to decision today as well, w/no email. being a 170/3.55,  i think this is a little surprising ( assuming that no email today means im rejected/waitlisted), given that ive gotten into schools w/higher gpa/lsat medians.

i have similar numbers and feelings about this

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

Best of luck to everyone.

viv

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »
News from TLS: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19004&start=1275#p577845

"I went to decision on like Friday at some point I think (I'm not sure that's when I saw it). I got my Sat. mail late because it's easter.

It said that I was placed on reserve. That I wasn't "out of the running", and that they would look at the reserve applicants after they found out a bit more and then create a waitlist from there...

I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask some Q's - so i'll keep everyone posted :)"

So, sounds like a deferral/hold... since apparently they'll make a second decision later for admit/deny/waitlist.

viv

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »
I guess I'm eager to believe it because I think that's better than a waitlist. :D  Although, a deferral when it's nearly April already seems a bit ridiculous. :-\

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »
I'm one of a very small handful of LSNs with my LSAT who've been complete since last year but haven't gone to decision.  Not sure what this means, but I doubt it's good.

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
I received that same letter last year.  I withdrew my application in May and they hadn't made a decision on it yet.

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2008, 09:38:45 PM »
Oh I meant last year as in last fall.

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »
I also went decision on 3/21 and my numbers are not on LSN. I have a 3.4 index and would consider myself a borderline candidate (big-time splitter).

Sadly, I have a strong feeling that the 3/21 batch-o-decisions will be rejections. No-email means you're pretty much out-of-luck with Cornell. Unfortunately, even if we do land on the WL, our chances remain pretty dismal. According to LSN last year, only 2 applicants were pulled off the WL and deferral piles combined.

Best of luck to everyone.

I went decision, and my index is pretty high.  Not sure what that means, but hopefully it will be positive news.

dpwc

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »
I went decision, and my index is pretty high.  Not sure what that means, but hopefully it will be positive news.

assuming your LSN is accurate, that may be the definition of yp.

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »

assuming your LSN is accurate, that may be the definition of yp.

Well, I did apply late, but I don't think I will be an outright rejection.  If anything I would think waitlist, but we'll see.