Law School Discussion

Cornell Decision Waiting Room

Re: Cornell Decision Waiting Room
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »
What do you all think of the deferral situation? They still have a ton of regular decision candidates to truck through before even taking a peak at the deferrals. Wonder why they deferred so many applicants, a good number seem to be well within range as well (strictly numbers-wise).

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 07:56:32 AM »
Definitely. I also think (just from my cycle) that their office is completely overwhelmed. I went complete months and months after all my stuff was sent. Not that that is determinative,  but it really raises a red flag for me.

I am also a massive auto-ding, so you would think I would be an easy decision for them.

fsohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
I hope not.  I've been checking my email several times an hour. Come on Cornell.  We all want to be part of Big Red!

fsohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »
Grrr...I think I'm going to go running or swimming.  I need something to take my mind off of this stuff.

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »
anyone heard anything yet?  with so many apps still out, i figure SOME acceptances had to go out yesterday.  i was deferred EA and went to decision yesterday so i was pretty surpised by that...initially pretty excited, but now i realize i'm probably just going to the WL...again...

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
anyone heard anything yet?  with so many apps still out, i figure SOME acceptances had to go out yesterday.  i was deferred EA and went to decision yesterday so i was pretty surpised by that...initially pretty excited, but now i realize i'm probably just going to the WL...again...

I was EA deferred as well and my status checker has said "decision" for the past couple of months.  are you sure you didn't just check it for the first time since then?  it seems that once you are deferred the status checker is perpetually "decision."  at least for me...

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
yeah, i hadn't checked it in months...that sounds like it makes more sense.  appreciate the heads up on my dumbassery!

fsohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Looks like someone on LSN updated today with a deferral.  I hope that means more stuff is coming today, but acceptances in all of our cases, of course!

fsohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
Just got the email. I'm in!!!! Wow, this one feels good.  Take that, BC!

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
Do you guys interpret this delay as good b/c they must be mulling over our apps? Or am I misinterpretting.