« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
Tag! I haven't checked Richmond!
Vandy 1L... really?

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3/28 Visit Carpool
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »
I am thinking about going up that weekend, I am just concerned about the seat deposit being due so soon after.  Does anyone  know how important it is to go to ASW over just going up one weekend randomly?  I am about a 3 hour drive from there so I can go whenever but I was hoping to do it sooner than later so that I can visit and think about it and I can get my deposit in on time.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
Re: 3/28 W&L Visit Carpool
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »
I still have one more visit to do first weekend of April, so I am thinking about asking for an extension on the deposits.

Ditto
Vandy 1L... really?

washdc23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »
I still have one more visit to do first weekend of April, so I am thinking about asking for an extension on the deposits.

Ditto

I third the motion

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
I asked for one earlier this week, and they told me it is against office policy and that they couldn't accommodate me, and that my deposit to get the scholarship was still April 1.  Hope it goes better for all of you.

sydneybristow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
I asked for one earlier this week, and they told me it is against office policy and that they couldn't accommodate me, and that my deposit to get the scholarship was still April 1.  Hope it goes better for all of you.

Same situation. I'm visiting W&L next weekend (instead of Mar. 28-29 ASW) so a) I can, in theory, give myself a "little" more time before the Apr. 1 deadline, and b) I can go to W&M's ASW on the 28th-29th. Except I won't get to see Emory before Apr. 1. Don't know what to do about that yet. Ugh! I was thinking about asking W&L for an extension...good to know their answer already.  :-\

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

Same situation. I'm visiting W&L next weekend (instead of Mar. 28-29 ASW) so a) I can, in theory, give myself a "little" more time before the Apr. 1 deadline, and b) I can go to W&M's ASW on the 28th-29th. Except I won't get to see Emory before Apr. 1. Don't know what to do about that yet. Ugh! I was thinking about asking W&L for an extension...good to know their answer already.  :-\

Maybe they will give it to someone else, I didn't get that big of a scholarship there- I was hoping to get just a few more weeks but oh we well.

Are you visiting just on Sat/Sun and getting a tour?  I was planning on going next weekend as well (I think I'll get a better feel visiting on my own, and I want to have a bit of a buffer to decide or visit other places at the last minute) and I was going to try to go either next Friday or the following Monday so classes would be in session.

sydneybristow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 01:23:17 PM »

Maybe they will give it to someone else, I didn't get that big of a scholarship there- I was hoping to get just a few more weeks but oh we well.

Are you visiting just on Sat/Sun and getting a tour?  I was planning on going next weekend as well (I think I'll get a better feel visiting on my own, and I want to have a bit of a buffer to decide or visit other places at the last minute) and I was going to try to go either next Friday or the following Monday so classes would be in session.

I'm driving down on Sunday morning and plan on spending Sunday exploring Lexington. On Monday, I scheduled a tour and class visit (I'm sitting in on American Public Law Process, one of the first year required courses). The Admissions office has been extremely helpful, they seem very flexible and more than willing to work around your schedule - I'd definitely give them a call and set something up!

sydneybristow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 01:44:06 PM »

Out of curiosity, did you ask via email or send a letter? Did you get a response fairly quickly?