Law School Discussion

Re: 3/28 W&L Visit Carpool
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »
I'm driving down from Dulles on Friday morning if anyone needs a ride.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »
I asked for one earlier this week, and they told me it is against office policy and that they couldn't accommodate me, and that my deposit to get the scholarship was still April 1.  Hope it goes better for all of you.

Out of curiosity, did you ask via email or send a letter? Did you get a response fairly quickly?

Sorry, this didn't show up in my unreads for some reason until today.  I emailed, and they responded a few days later.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
I'm driving from Cincinnati if anyone is looking for a ride on the way or while we are @ W&L.
PM me if you are interested.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »
Ill be driving from NJ. PM if you need a ride   :)

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:08:59 AM »
What kind of attire are you guys/gals planning on wearing? Do you think the reception/dinner on saturday night is going to require something formal?

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 09:04:42 AM »
Certainly not formal.  Khakis and an oxford or polo shirt would be fine.

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »
does anyone know if att works in Lexington? I don't want to have to give up my iPhone to go to W&L!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
Why don't you just make the $400 deposit at W&L until you can go visit Emory?  In the long run $400 isn't worth possibly being unhappy.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 06:23:54 AM »
I think that they have to make it a policy not to extend the deadline, because the longer they extend the deadline the longer it will take for other people to hear back if they get in/get a scholarship.  Also, if they do it for one, they kind of have to do it for all.  It's a slippery slope- but I think that many will say that's what you do in this process.  I feel like the first deposit is just reserving your seat should you decide to take it, not so much making a 100% commitment to go there.  If they gave everyone extra time it would just slow things down for everyone else which isn't fair either.  I asked for extra time too because I still haven't even received 3 decisions, but I understand why they don't do it and think it is very reasonable.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
does anyone know if att works in Lexington? I don't want to have to give up my iPhone to go to W&L!

Everybody rocks iPhones in these parts; great service.

I'm unnerved/annoyed about W&L's deposit date also; they demand $$ before Emory even has its ASW! (Or before Emory has it's first post-scholarship ASW, which, let's be honest, is the important one.)

Ditto. Just got back from visiting W&L. While I didn't "love" it, I didn't "hate" it either - exactly what I didn't want to happen. I really want to do the Emory ASW, b/c I don't think I can throw it (or W&L) out completely w/o visiting and then being able to do a full comparison. I guess $400 isn't a big deal in the long run, but I don't want to piss off any of my other school choices. I suppose since LSAC doesn't start telling schools which people have multiple deposits until sometime in June...this shouldn't be a big deal? I dunno if there's a point in me asking W&L about this...I mean, I drop $400 and then decide to go somewhere else post-April 1...what can they do?

Will be posting W&L pics sometime soon, possibly also a review of my trip/thoughts. Didn't get to take to many b/c my "rechargeable" batteres flaked out on me.

FYI -- W&L will be mailing out financial aid letters on wednesday (3/26).