Law School Discussion

4.21/151/Fulbright Scholar x 2 Chances at UVA?

Re: 4.21/151/Fulbright Scholar x 2 Chances at UVA?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 10:57:51 PM »
So you guys would suggest NOT attending a T2 school at all because of the job search difficulty? I thought most law schools have a fair where all the employers come.

well yeah, but at T2 schools they will take people from the top 20% of the class or so depending on the employer. the rest of the 80% has to do it all by themselves and can often get screwed with low paying jobs and high debt. i know you're smart, etc., etc., but the odds are against you being in the top 20%.

also, when did you submit your applications?

I submit the UVA application in mid Jan, just got the complete email earlier today. Applied to a lot of schools and haven't heard from any yet.

At this point in the cycle your chances are not good, especially with such a low LSAT. I would do some serious thinking about taking a year off. Find a job you would enjoy in whatever field you are in and get some experience. Take an LSAT prepcourse and get a 165+. If you do that I would almost guarantee you could get into a top 10 school.

Sigh, I guess I can consider taking a year off writing my book...

Do you guys think that going to a T50 school is good too? I applied to some T50-T40 schools too..

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »
So you guys would suggest NOT attending a T2 school at all because of the job search difficulty? I thought most law schools have a fair where all the employers come.

well yeah, but at T2 schools they will take people from the top 20% of the class or so depending on the employer. the rest of the 80% has to do it all by themselves and can often get screwed with low paying jobs and high debt. i know you're smart, etc., etc., but the odds are against you being in the top 20%.

I submit the UVA application in mid Jan, just got the complete email earlier today. Applied to a lot of schools and haven't heard from any yet.

At this point in the cycle your chances are not good, especially with such a low LSAT. I would do some serious thinking about taking a year off. Find a job you would enjoy in whatever field you are in and get some experience. Take an LSAT prepcourse and get a 165+. If you do that I would almost guarantee you could get into a top 10 school.

Do you guys think that going to a T50 school is good too? I applied to some T50-T40 schools too..

T50 may be doable for you!

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »

T50 seems doable!

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 11:19:26 PM »

T50 seems doable!

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »

T50 seems doable!

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »
Just become complete at UVA. What are my chances at UVA and T30?

This is just my opinion, but your chances are pretty dismal unless you are a URM. A 151 is VERY low for any top 30 school. Even if you are a URM your chances still aren't all that great.

Yes I am half Native American. Does that count as URM? Are there other soft factors that may help?

He's URM.  He's in everywhere.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 11:48:46 PM »
Just become complete at UVA. What are my chances at UVA and T30?

This is just my opinion, but your chances are pretty dismal unless you are a URM. A 151 is VERY low for any top 30 school. Even if you are a URM your chances still aren't all that great.

Yes I am half Native American. Does that count as URM? Are there other soft factors that may help?

He's URM.  He's in everywhere.

Hahaha

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 08:06:36 AM »
This is a straight troll. I'm sorry.

The probability of someone winning two fullbrights
The probability of even getting a 4.21 LSDAS GPA
The probability of this person scoring the average LSAT

is so minuscule in and of itself.  Now add to the fact that this person is completely naive about the law school process, applied in late January and doesn't want to take a year off to retake.

Come on now.

Right. "I thought most law schools have a fair where all the employers come." = Not a double Fulbright.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 08:17:56 AM »

T50 seems doable!

WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST FIVE TIMES!  :o

Nice way to drive up the post count, though.

-----

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
LOL sometimes that happens to me because the site screws up.  Sometimes I notice and delete the repeats, sometimes I don't notice them.