Law School Discussion

Re: ARIZONA STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 12:38:06 PM »
I also got an email this morning apologizing for that other email that was sent to everyone, which I actually didn't receive.  Don't know what to make of that.  Perhaps if you DID get that email it might be a precursor to acceptance, since my numbers are lower than most of yours (3.1/158).  I'm really not expecting to get in but if I do I am definitely going there.  I applied late, went complete on 2/6 and have heard nothing since my completion email, until that apologetic email today. 

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
This is the email I received today:

"
Yesterday an email was sent out to all law school applicants by the University's Technical Support Team instructing you about online services and your password protected access to those services.  That email was automatically generated as a result of the transfer of our applicant data to the university's data management system.  It is not an indication that there are any new developments as to your applicant activity at the law school.  The decision letter sent to you by mail from the law school is the final decision as to your candidacy, and we apologize for any inconvenience that the Technical Services' email may have caused. "

I did NOT, however, receive the email to which it is referring.  I have no idea what an ASUrite account is.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 01:26:22 PM »
Haha, I thought this thread might be a bit prophetic.  Just went to get my mail, dinged at ASU, no shocker.  Perhaps given that my application was already denied when these emails were sent out, they might have sent out these "apologetic" emails to us rejected applicants.  I don't want to be responsible for false hopes, but it sounds to me that if you did not receive this second email then you are at least not denied, yet.  Good luck to everyone still waiting.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
Sorry about the rejection, I know the feeling.

CaliforniaCougar: Have you been able to use an email account on myASU?

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
Check your spam box of your regular gmail account. I just realized that I couldn't send any emails TO the account, but I can send emails out. I sent an email to the ad office asking for an explanation about this nonsense. So, hopefully on Monday, they will at least give us a reason for torturing us like this. I was literally bouncing off the walls when I received the email. Now I want to shoot my face off.

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »
Not exactly on topic but just in case anyone doesn't know, ASU was one of the schools that extended their initial application deadline.  I believe it went from Feb 2nd to Feb 29th with a required packet completion date of March 10th.  Just an FYI. 

Got accepted today!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Looks like they may be sending them out finally!

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
Congrats, cirenos!

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »
Actually I never got this email that everyone is talking about...weird. But yeah, I got the notification today in a small, white envelope.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
you lucky SOB. congrats! I'm jealous! Too bad you didn't get the email about the ASURITE stuff. I'm sure you will soon enough, except that yours will actually be real!