Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ASU + Scholarship vs. T14  (Read 2874 times)

Conflicted

• View Profile
ASU + Scholarship vs. T14
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
I Feel as though this might be a common conflict with many, what would anyone's advice be in deciding between a decent state school (Arizona State) + full tuition scholarship vs. T14 such as Northwestern, Penn, Chicago...

Other Factors:
Not dedicated on staying in Az, but not opposed to it.
Two main interests post- J.D. are with international law and/or sports law (management/general counsel side)

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ASU + Scholarship vs. T14
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:56:44 AM »
I know this is a few days old but if you really want sports law and could get into Duke then that'd be my recommendation.  I'm also interested in sports law and will likely go to Marquette this fall (I don't have t14 numbers). 

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:11:21 PM »
go to a T14... so i can have your spot at asu :0)

sorry, i know that this wasn't a helpful reply.. but congrats on your acceptances!

MissNatalie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »
All I can add is that I went to ASU for part of my undergrad and it is a great school. The professors are great and the atmosphere is amazing.  The law school is very well known and has made a good name for itself.
Class of 2011

TiffanyTallulah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »
ASU is a regional law school. if you want to stay in the west coast or southwest area, go ahead. T14 is the way to go.

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:17:52 PM »
T14

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
I Feel as though this might be a common conflict with many, what would anyone's advice be in deciding between a decent state school (Arizona State) + full tuition scholarship vs. T14 such as Northwestern, Penn, Chicago...

Other Factors:
Not dedicated on staying in Az, but not opposed to it.
Two main interests post- J.D. are with international law and/or sports law (management/general counsel side)

did you come to a decision? just curious  :)

Conflicted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »
No decision yet scheduling a meeting with dean hopefully this week to check out the law school and discuss $$ package...also got into Penn Friday which complicates things even further in trying to decide between N'Western and Chicago or Penn and Philly...

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »
No decision yet scheduling a meeting with dean hopefully this week to check out the law school and discuss $$ package...also got into Penn Friday which complicates things even further in trying to decide between N'Western and Chicago or Penn and Philly...

Wow, congratulations! That's incredible. Good luck making your decision

rl2006

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00:59 AM »
As I am sure you are aware of, ASU just brought in a top International Law Scholar who is going to be setting up the International Law Institute (Laura Dickinson). While, the schools you mentioned would be great choices, ASU would provide you the opportunity to get involved with a center in its early stages and make sure the professors running the institute really take up your own interests.

Plus, in this economy, it's never a bad thing to go to school for free and have zero debt when you graduate.