Law School Discussion

All about TRANSFERRING! (after 1L year)

Re: All about TRANSFERRING! (after 1L year)
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 06:53:15 PM »
Is the decision just based on your first semester grades?

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
Tag.

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

More than likely not.  Some schools have Early Action type programs, WUSTL and GULC are two that come to mind, but I think their offers are contingent on similar performance on second semester grades.  Potential transferees often do not know they are accepted until the middle of summer.

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

More than likely not.  Some schools have Early Action type programs, WUSTL and GULC are two that come to mind, but I think their offers are contingent on similar performance on second semester grades.  Potential transferees often do not know they are accepted until the middle of summer.

GULC isn't contingent on second semester grades.

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »

GULC isn't contingent on second semester grades.

Do you know if they offer scholarships?

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 08:52:32 PM »
No they don't care.  I mean unusually if you do well enough your first semester to get into GULC you will at least do decent your second.  However, even if you don't GULC won't take your acceptance away.  I was just accepted as a transfer yesterday and asked.  No, GULC doesn't give scholarships to transfers nor do any schools that I know of.

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »
I decided I'm going to transfer to H or S after 1L.

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
thanks...i like it. i don't think i'll tell my wife i'm applying to S. she wouldn't want to move that far, but let's be honest: i'd have to be a moron to pass up that kind of opportunity.

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 07:24:49 AM »
That's sad that you are settling for mediocrity. I pity you.

Yale for me (because they don't have grades).

... thus allowing us to settle for mediocrity without anybody ever knowing.   ;D

UNAS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
wouldn't the smarter move be to just focus on getting out and then going back for an LLM or SJD at a more prestigious school if thats what you really care about