Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Want to go to LS in DC  (Read 537 times)

Detroitynglawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Want to go to LS in DC
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »
Hey everyone whats up, I'm new.

I went to Michigan State Undergrad and have been out a couple years working in sales.

Here's the situation:  I had always planned (for the last 6 months) to go to school in my home state of Michigan.  I wouldnt get into U of M, but I got into Wayne State and MSU.  I got a 159 (the second time lol) and had about a 3.0 coming out of undergrad.  I feel like the work expirence helps and I think I have a good PS and LOR's. 

Thanks

chunkylover53

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Want to go to LS in DC
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:42:23 AM »
apply to george mason too. its in virginia and its practically in DC (10 minutes away from white house, etc).

Detroitynglawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:48:58 AM »
Ya I looked at George Mason,  with my stats 159 and a 3.0 isnt that a really big long shot?

chunkylover53

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »
Ya I looked at George Mason,  with my stats 159 and a 3.0 isnt that a really big long shot?

its free to apply online and you got a better shot there than at GW so why not try?

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
Hey everyone whats up, I'm new.

I went to Michigan State Undergrad and have been out a couple years working in sales.

Here's the situation:  I had always planned (for the last 6 months) to go to school in my home state of Michigan.  I wouldnt get into U of M, but I got into Wayne State and MSU.  I got a 159 (the second time lol) and had about a 3.0 coming out of undergrad.  I feel like the work expirence helps and I think I have a good PS and LOR's. 

Anyhow, now my gf got a job in DC so I applied late (feb. 2nd) to the DC schools.  GW is a real long shot, American is a strech but Catholic is more in my league.  Now my gf has moved and I'm freaking out waiting to hear from any of those schools.  I know there is nothing anyone can do, but I was hoping that someone is having a similar expirence or something. 

Anyone going to CUA?  Think I'll get in?  Where do law students live in the DC metro area?

Thanks

You could try american part-time

Detroitynglawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

I'll apply to George Mason right now.