Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 1530 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Frustrated
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »
Okay, thank you to everyone on her for their advice and help. I will now be curing myself of the addiction to this board. I will hopefully return sometime in June with a better LSAT score and new optimism.

Once again thanks to everyone.   8)

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 03:16:05 AM »
I took a practice test today after not even looking at a study book since I took the test in December. I scored a 170, what I was averaging before I took the December LSAT. ARG!!! I take this as strong evidence that this is the range I should have scored at in December. Instead I became very anxious and ended up with a 160. And yes I have always used realistic timed conditions.

So I don't think I can be happy without giving it another whirl in June. If I bomb again I can go to Iowa this fall anyway.

What do I need to do to avoid another melt down come June? Should I not study so hard this time? I know it is realistic to expect a small drop on test day, but if I could even pull a 165-7 I would completely change my prospects.

Although I agree with the poster above me about the score not mattering as much as LSD makes you think, I wanted to give you my two cents. First, it is extremely frustrating to not perform up to your potential.

I look at it like this: Think about yourself as a stud baseball player wit amazing talent. However, although you have the ability to play in the major leagues, you can't seem to make the jump from AAA ball. You go home every winter and complain to your friends and family that you can't make the major leagues, and they understand completely. They know how close you are to living up to your potential, your dream, and competing with the best. They don't get all jealous and whiny and yell "SHUTUP. YOU ARE PLAYING AAA BALL. I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT NUT TO PLAY AAA BALL." They understand the complex issues at hand. So I want these people who get mad when people complain about not living up to their potential to realize that people don't want a 180 or yale, they want to perform as high and as well as they can, and it is frustrating when they don't. Extremely frustrating.

About your lsat: I have a very similar story about the lsat. I got to testing consistently from around a 167-172 before the june lsat last year. For whatever reason, on the test, I got a 161, which really bothered me (for above reasons), so I retook in february. On my first retake, I got a 171, and never tested below a 169. I just took alot more tests and worked on bettering my skills in logical reasoning. On test day, I had an incredible amount of stress (I forgot my ID, and didn't get into the room until like 1 minute before it closed), and I got a 170. So, you should see a solid improvement this time.

melissap

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 04:41:24 PM »
I wanted to thank you for posting.  I am in a very similar position.  I tookd the Feb. test after averaging in the mid-160s and scored a 157 on test day :0(  June here I come.  It is nice to know I am not alone.

Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »
I agree pretty much 100% with what you said Pigeon.  :)

Reading your thoughtful post to Blue Suede pretty much just made my night! 

Just noticed this nice post, Jeffort, so thanks, man.  The only reason I will ever retake that horrible LSAT is if I don't get into the one and only school to which I applied this year.

And if I do have to retake it, I'll be hiring Jeffort to tutor me.