Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Procrastination  (Read 879 times)

zardoz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Application Procrastination
« on: March 08, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »
In the interest of helping those of you out there who are still thinking about applying late this cycle or debating throwing one more application out there just in case, here is a list of top tier law schools (ranking in the top 50 of USN&WR rankings) with deadlines that you can still meet:

Vanderbilt 3/15
UICU  3/15
George Mason 4/1
IU-Bloomington (no deadline, 9/1)
CU-Boulder  3/15
Tulane (no strict deadline, recommend as early as possible)

Several schools have also extended their deadlines.  These include (with new deadlines):

Georgetown 4/1
Minnesota  4/1 (extended for Feb. LSAT takers)
George Washington 3/31
Iowa  4/1
Notre Dame  4/1
Ohio State  3/15
Alabama  3/31
Maryland  4/1
American  3/31
Florida  5/1

All information is correct to the best of my knowledge based mostly on the numerous random mailings that I have gotten this week in lieu of more interesting information (acceptances, for instance).  Please post any updates/corrections. 

Good luck with all your applications!
Michigan 2012

zardoz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Application Procrastination
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »
LSAC now has the Georgetown application date as 4/1 with a similar note ("While the official JD application deadline is March 1, 2008, we will continue to accept applications until further notice.  We encourage all applicants to submit their applications and supplemental materials to us as soon as possible.")
Michigan 2012

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
But would it be wise to apply to these schools this late?  Seems everyone advises against it.  I was thinking of sending one to GW p/t, because according to LSN, I got a shot.

zardoz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
It seems to me that with a number of schools extending deadlines, they must be interested in more applications.
Michigan 2012

peppercorms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »
It seems to me that with a number of schools extending deadlines, they must be interested in more application fees.

fixed!

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
thanks buddy.. there are a couple schools on that list that i had wanted to apply to but didn't because of deadlines.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:12:01 AM »
thanks buddy.. there are a couple schools on that list that i had wanted to apply to but didn't because of deadlines.

Hello steuby! Sorry I disappeared on your last ps draft--work got crazy. But I just looked at it--you did good. :)
CLS 2011

steuby

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:47:47 AM »
Hello steuby! Sorry I disappeared on your last ps draft--work got crazy. But I just looked at it--you did good. :)

Thanks, Cabra! Don't worry about it... I can't thank you enough for the time you put in helping me.

Fountainhead

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
Seems like a waste of money.  With application volumes as high as they are at some schools and the fact that many schools become very conservative with their acceptance offers after March 1st, getting accepted at this point in time (unless you have premium auto-admit numbers) is probably very unlikely.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »
tag