Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake Forest scholarships?  (Read 1223 times)

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Wake Forest scholarships?
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:57:21 PM »
I am wondering if being invited to compete for several scholarships at Wake Forest means they aren't planning to automatically offer any scholarhips to me? I was admitted last week and haven't heard any financial news except the invitations to compete. I tried looking for LSN trends and noticed they haven't offered any scholarships since Jan. Maybe they will have another wave before it's all over with?  ???
(Just Adding Another Notch)

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wake Forest scholarships?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
I got that e-mail too and I'm hoping that's not the case.  I remember reading someone say something about an email they sent out recently about scholarships but i didn't get it because I hadn't been admitted yet so I don't know details!

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »
congrats Lime. Still no word from Emory but we have a lot of other schools in common so...who knows  ;)

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »
Yea, I just got my Emory WL today!

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »
I am wondering if being invited to compete for several scholarships at Wake Forest means they aren't planning to automatically offer any scholarhips to me? I was admitted last week and haven't heard any financial news except the invitations to compete. I tried looking for LSN trends and noticed they haven't offered any scholarships since Jan. Maybe they will have another wave before it's all over with?  ???

I guess I'll be withdrawing from Wake soon. I hadn't done so yet because I was waiting for financial news. I just received this email.

Dear ________:

Just a friendly reminder that your first deposit is due on April 15.  If you have already sent in your Admissions Deposit you may ignore this.  We also want to let you know that the recipients of the Rose, Hearn and Smith/Shaver Scholarships have just been selected and the recipients have committed to Wake Forest.  Thank you all for your participation, as the competition was stiff. 

If you have not completed the FAFSA, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.  Please remember to use our federal code, E00514.  We will notify you of your federal eligibility when it is made available to us.  Some scholarships may become available after April 15 and you will be notified if you have been selected.

If you have any questions, or if I may be of assistance, please feel free to get in touch with me.

You may reach me at the office at 336.758.5705 or you may contact me this weekend on my cell at 336.408.5508.  We look forward to welcoming you into the great class of 2011.

Kind regards,

Melanie

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »
Well, I guess I will be withdrawing from WFU soon. I would not place a deposit there without financial incentive.

Dear ______:

Just a friendly reminder that your first deposit is due on April 15.  If you have already sent in your Admissions Deposit you may ignore this.  We also want to let you know that the recipients of the Rose, Hearn and Smith/Shaver Scholarships have just been selected and the recipients have committed to Wake Forest.  Thank you all for your participation, as the competition was stiff. 

If you have not completed the FAFSA, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.  Please remember to use our federal code, E00514.  We will notify you of your federal eligibility when it is made available to us.  Some scholarships may become available after April 15 and you will be notified if you have been selected.

If you have any questions, or if I may be of assistance, please feel free to get in touch with me.

You may reach me at the office at 336.758.5705 or you may contact me this weekend on my cell at 336.408.5508.  We look forward to welcoming you into the great class of 2011.

Kind regards,

Melanie