Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Class of 2011  (Read 35183 times)

gclemen1

Re: Emory Class of 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 11:53:37 PM »
Ok, this is pretty much just for the future, prob. after most everyone goes to ASW and makes a decision, but I created a Emory School of Law Class of 2011 on Facebook, so if you go down to Hotlanta and love Emory and must go there, join the group.  I hope to meet a bunch of future Emory students there.

drdjarm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »
Hi all -

I'm 90% decided that I'll be at Emory this fall - still waiting on a few more decisions although I doubt any will be able to top the amazing scholarship I got from Emory.  Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making it down to the ASW.  I'm looking forward to getting back to school and Atlanta sounds like a great place.  It'll certainly be a new experience for me, the longest I've stayed south of DC is for two days! 

Only part I'm not looking forward to is moving to a city I've never been to without having a chance to scout out neighborhoods and apartments to live in - I generally tend to have horrible luck in these things and end up in houses about to be condemned. 

biggame

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
I am startin to get excited about Emory also. I haven't completely decided but I am getting close to. The scholarship is just impossible to turn down.

Tell me more about Atlanta. I have never been out there, but I am looking forward to it.

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »
Hey, y'all. I found this thread this morning, lots of good Atlanta information.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,102696.0.html

gclemen1

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »
Hi all -

I'm 90% decided that I'll be at Emory this fall - still waiting on a few more decisions although I doubt any will be able to top the amazing scholarship I got from Emory.  Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making it down to the ASW.  I'm looking forward to getting back to school and Atlanta sounds like a great place.  It'll certainly be a new experience for me, the longest I've stayed south of DC is for two days! 

Only part I'm not looking forward to is moving to a city I've never been to without having a chance to scout out neighborhoods and apartments to live in - I generally tend to have horrible luck in these things and end up in houses about to be condemned. 

I don't think you really have to worry about getting terrible housing in Decatur or Virginia Highlands (where most Emory students live).  They are really nice areas.  There are also several really nice apartment complexes super close to campus.  Even if you can't get down to ASW, taking a tour of it aside from ASW is always an option.  The Emory staff is glad to take you for a tour.  Emory also has an off campus housing website.

I am startin to get excited about Emory also. I haven't completely decided but I am getting close to. The scholarship is just impossible to turn down.

Tell me more about Atlanta. I have never been out there, but I am looking forward to it.

Atlanta is just plain awesome, especially the decatur/virginia highland area.  It is pretty close to downtown but doesnt have a super urban feel.  The scholarship really is almost impossible to turn down because it is pretty much impossible to lose.

rosalita

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
hey, anybody going to the admitted students reception in NYC on the 8th? I just got the email invite this afternoon.

drdjarm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
I'm going to the admitted students reception here in DC.   

negativeexternality

• emory 2011 - i can has law degree?!?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jbeckett72
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 12:11:33 PM »
what up all

long time lurker, first time poster here.  been accepted to emory for awhile, but i just recieved notice of my $90,000 scholarship this week, and unless something REALLY drastic happens over the next few months, i'll be in hotlanta next fall.

how many of you are planning on taking cars?  all of you?  i've heard that it's almost necessary to have some kind of personal transportation if you're living in atlanta.  if that's the case, i'm going to have to figure something out, b/c the old ford taurus is certainly on its last legs.

anyone from ohio?  i go to wittenberg university in springfield.
ísi me gusta!: W&L ($$$), W&M ($$), ND ($$), Emory ($$$), OSU ($$), GMU, Fordham ($), some other TTTs (no, really, i hate that term)

just friends: vandy, BC, GWU

modus pwned: Michigan, UVa

WTFMAKEADECISION!!!1!: WUSTL

negativeexternality

• emory 2011 - i can has law degree?!?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jbeckett72
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »
hey decider

i see you've been waitlisted by pretty much the exact same schools as i have (except GULC--i didn't apply there).  wtf is up with BC?  i know they get a lot of applications, but last time i checked, my LSAT was above their 75th percentile and my GPA was either above it or right around it.  i mean, i'm not too upset about it--i'd much rather go to emory anyways--but i was kind of baffled when i got that letter.
ísi me gusta!: W&L ($$$), W&M ($$), ND ($$), Emory ($$$), OSU ($$), GMU, Fordham ($), some other TTTs (no, really, i hate that term)

just friends: vandy, BC, GWU

modus pwned: Michigan, UVa

WTFMAKEADECISION!!!1!: WUSTL

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »
I'm definitely going to have a car, it is necessary in Atlanta. Hopefully my '98 mustang will hold on another three years, lol.