Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL Class of 2011  (Read 11867 times)

hwmyones

• AOL Instant Messenger - houredm
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: WUSTL Class of 2011
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
It's looking like I'll be joining you all in the fall - I accepted a scholarship and sent in the deposit a couple of days ago.
I'm still on a bunch of waitlists - IUB, Illinois, UVa, but methinks if I get off any of those waitlists I wouldn't get any scholarships.

Arsenal Sucks. Go Spurs! But welcome, I'm sure we can have some heated arguments about the 5-1 Carling Cup semifinal?
WUSTL c/o 2011

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »
It's looking like I'll be joining you all in the fall - I accepted a scholarship and sent in the deposit a couple of days ago.
I'm still on a bunch of waitlists - IUB, Illinois, UVa, but methinks if I get off any of those waitlists I wouldn't get any scholarships.

Arsenal Sucks. Go Spurs! But welcome, I'm sure we can have some heated arguments about the 5-1 Carling Cup semifinal?

I'd rather lament about the 4-2 Champion's League loss at Liverpool... the season started with so much promise.
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

rwcrump

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 01:35:09 PM »
Just chose Wash U over GW and Emory. I'll see you all in the fall.

Also, sorry Gunner. United is playing the best football in Europe right now. Still on course for the double.
In: WUSTL($$), GWU, Emory, IU-Bloomington($), UK($), Cinci($), UofL($)
Waitlist: Vandy
168 LSAT, 3.2 GPA

lanekif45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
I don't know whether you guys have seen this yet, but it was emailed on Wednesday. Great news for WUSTL!

----------------------------------

Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff:

I am happy to announce that, with the assistance of Dean Janet Bolin and Professor Charles Burson, the law school has identified and hired a new administrator who will join us in June.   He is Michael Spivey, who is currently the associate director for admissions at Vanderbilt Law School.  Starting this summer, he will become the Assistant Dean for Career Services, Strategy, and Marketing at the Washington University School of Law.

The search team led by Dean Bolin and Professor Burson interviewed several candidates and spent a great deal of effort identifying the school’s needs for its next career services leader.   We concluded that it was vital to hire a person with good experience at a law school with very successful career services, that the person would need to be extraordinarily motivated by the desire to match each individual student with employment opportunities, and that our career services operation needed to be very focused on measurable results in increasing employers coming to the school and increasing the numbers of students with employment opportunities at each stage of their legal education.    Mike Spivey was hands-down the strongest candidate to match these needs.  He is an enthusiastic manager who is motivated to achieve progress in our placement of our students.  In his work at admissions at Vanderbilt, he has acquired a national reputation for knowing and recruiting students individually and effectively, and for marketing the school.  We believe he will be an excellent new leader for the challenges and opportunities we face in our school.   Dean Spivey will also be assisting us, as part of our student services team, in forming strategy and marketing efforts for all aspects of our operations.
169/3.71
WashU 1L

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
Just chose Wash U over GW and Emory. I'll see you all in the fall.

Also, sorry Gunner. United is playing the best football in Europe right now. Still on course for the double.

I don't mind that - I don't hate on United, I'd just rather see Arsenal on top. I'm actually somewhat of a United fan, because even though Arsenal is beautiful to watch, I'd take Sir Alex as my manager over Arsene Wenger any day.

...but then I'd take Arsene over just about everyone else.

Anyone here been to St. Louis before? Last time I was there I was 7 years old...
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »
I'm there at least once a month.

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
I'm there at least once a month.

Once a month, eh? Doing what?

I've read a lot about where to live once I get there, but I'm hoping to take a visit (un-official) before things start up in August. I've been too busy with my summer job...

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
My parents live on the southern edge of the St. Louis Metro area.  I live two hours to the west. 

hwmyones

• AOL Instant Messenger - houredm
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »
I've been twice. Once to go visit a friend of mine who is a junior there, and the other time or ASD (where i still went out and went to go visit my friend) It's not NY or LA or Miami, but it's got plenty going on, and I really enjoyed it. Plus, it's moderately cheap and has plenty to do.
WUSTL c/o 2011

Coolsportsplaya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »
Have you guys been getting emails or materials from the school since you sent in your seat deposit?  I sent in my deposit over three weeks ago and haven't gotten anything from the school since the email saying that they'd gotten the deposit.
Washington University Law Class of 2011!

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=spsteadman