Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northeastern Vs. Washington and Lee Vs. Cardoza  (Read 415 times)

JayBee

• View Profile
Northeastern Vs. Washington and Lee Vs. Cardoza
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »
I've been accepted to all three of these law schools but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to go to.  Washington and Lee is ranked significantly higher than the other two, but I'm a little hesitant because it is seemingly very isolated.  Cardoza seems like a decent choice, but I don't know if I want to live in NY because I associated NY with chaos, although I'm not really familiar with the area that Cardoza is in.  I would love being in Boston, but Northeastern isn't ranked as high as the other schools.  I do like the co-op program they have, but I don't love the fact that they don't issue grades.  Another possibility is Brooklyn Law School, but the same fear of how hectic NY is applies, and it isn't ranked as highly as Cardoza is.  I'm looking for other people's perspectives on this.  I appreciate any and all input.  Thanks.

BrooklynLaw

• View Profile
Re: Northeastern Vs. Washington and Lee Vs. Cardoza
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »
Cardoza is in a very very expensive area. Cost of living is going to be extremely high. Thats a big deterrent.

Outlaw22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »
I've been accepted to all three of these law schools but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to go to.  Washington and Lee is ranked significantly higher than the other two, but I'm a little hesitant because it is seemingly very isolated.  Cardoza seems like a decent choice, but I don't know if I want to live in NY because I associated NY with chaos, although I'm not really familiar with the area that Cardoza is in.  I would love being in Boston, but Northeastern isn't ranked as high as the other schools.  I do like the co-op program they have, but I don't love the fact that they don't issue grades.  Another possibility is Brooklyn Law School, but the same fear of how hectic NY is applies, and it isn't ranked as highly as Cardoza is.  I'm looking for other people's perspectives on this.  I appreciate any and all input.  Thanks.

If at all possible visit W&L. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what you find. I'm a total city person and I loved W&L - never in a million years thought I would like a smalltown school in Virginia, but after visiting it seemed like an awesome place to go to law school. 
Penn Law Class of 2011

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »

Lol. No offense. It sounds like you're a bit spoiled. You don't want to live in a small rural area (W&L) and you don't want to live in a big-city area because you associate it with chaos.

The obvious answer to this question is W&L. If you want the best education you can get without these inconsistent location restraints, I'd choose W&L hands down.
Best,

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »
Cardoza is in a very very expensive area. Cost of living is going to be extremely high. Thats a big deterrent.
True, but who's to say you need to live in the same neighborhood. My LSAT tutor was an NYU 2L who lived in Astoria, Queens because it's a lot cheaper. You might want to live right next to wherever you go. I'm just saying that rent in the immediate proximity doesn't have to rule it out. That's why God invented the subway.