Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decide my future! BC - Davis ($$)  (Read 3418 times)

UVAnProud2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Decide my future! BC - Davis ($$)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »
Damn.  So much for my brilliant plan to take my degree to the massive and bustling legal market of the Florida panhandle ;)

I think it's time for you to visit the regions of your schools and decide which place you'd prefer to live in. UC Davis does well in California. I know several people who were able to get biglaw throughout CA without much difficulty, even if they were from the east coast. If they did not get it their 2L, they would usually get it as 3Ls. How come you didn't apply to UC Hastings? They have a bit more reach than Davis does. Even though most Hastings grads stay in CA, I've heard a good number of them get biglaw in Seattle and even NYC.

tashakies

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:17 AM »
Andrew, I'm trying to figure this same thing out (substitute Hastings for Davis)... we should def discuss this over some beers on the 4th.

oo oo- ill be there on the 4th as well :)

RockShox007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 05:16:05 AM »
Andrew, I'm trying to figure this same thing out (substitute Hastings for Davis)... we should def discuss this over some beers on the 4th.

Well then join us for drinks!

StressCase

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »

Davis asw?
In: Miami, Baylor, U of A, San Diego, Santa Clara, Tulane, American, McGeorge, Lewis and Clark, University of Houston, CU Boulder, DAVIS!!!
WL:Fordham, Hastings
Out: BC, George Mason, UCLA, GW

GPA 3.5
LSAT 163

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »

Davis asw?

I'll be at Davis, too, the next week.  BC is on the 4th, Davis is on the 12th...which is awfully close to the deposit deadline, but I'll have the money ready if I need to put it down.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

StressCase

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

Davis asw?

I'll be at Davis, too, the next week.  BC is on the 4th, Davis is on the 12th...which is awfully close to the deposit deadline, but I'll have the money ready if I need to put it down.

It's really soon, but why not go to the ASW this Sat?
In: Miami, Baylor, U of A, San Diego, Santa Clara, Tulane, American, McGeorge, Lewis and Clark, University of Houston, CU Boulder, DAVIS!!!
WL:Fordham, Hastings
Out: BC, George Mason, UCLA, GW

GPA 3.5
LSAT 163

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
Research paper due Monday, another paper due on Wednesday, and I'm in Chicago right now.  As much as I'd love to get into some warmer weather (though actually today is quite nice), that ASD was the only time that made sense.  Unfortunately, it's super-close to the deadline for deposits...but I'll figure something out.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011