Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wustl? Why the hold up?  (Read 1552 times)

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Wustl? Why the hold up?
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »
I sent my application on Jan 11th, and still haven't heard.  My numbers are pretty competitive for them and people on LSN have been getting large scholarships, with my stats.  I searched on LSN and it seems that the majority of their acceptances are sent out by March 9th last year, with the rest only waitlists or rejections. Does this spell bad news for me? I know I applied a bit late, but several people applying around the same time span have heard back. What gives?

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Wustl? Why the hold up?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:42:04 AM »
But most people who have gotten scholarships applied before early December. You just applied in mid January. Give it time.  :)
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:47:38 AM »
Thanks, I'm seriously starting to get paraniod and think there must be something wrong with my application. I really hope I get that acceptance email too. Congrats on the money at Wash U, and Cornell acceptance! We are near number twins, and i hope my cycle goes as well as yours. =)

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »
Thanks, I'm seriously starting to get paraniod and think there must be something wrong with my application. I really hope I get that acceptance email too. Congrats on the money at Wash U, and Cornell acceptance! We are near number twins, and i hope my cycle goes as well as yours. =)

Hey, thanks!  ;D
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »
Yeah i think you just need to settle and wait.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »
The deadline to accept the scholarship (not commit to attending) was on March 1st. This was in the scholarship letter and in an email sent the day before by Dean Clifford. I think they're trying to see how many people they've lost here before they go making more offers to people.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »
yeah but i've yet to even get an acceptance =/

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
yeah but i've yet to even get an acceptance =/
You need to relax.

Some people (like myself) have been waiting for a decision since October.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
The deadline to accept the scholarship (not commit to attending) was on March 1st. This was in the scholarship letter and in an email sent the day before by Dean Clifford. I think they're trying to see how many people they've lost here before they go making more offers to people.

According to LSN, they have already started sending out post-March-1st scholarships. 

If you don't have an LSAT equal to or greater than 167, expect to wait until late March or early April to hear anything from the school. 

utilitarianjac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »
WUSTL is another one of the schools that I don't really understand. I went complete on 1/18 and have heard nothing since. I realize that I am not entitled to anything from anywhere, but both my LSAT and GPA are above their 75%. It seems like a long time to keep me waiting.