Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A day in the life of...University of Washington  (Read 6205 times)

WildRichLord

• View Profile
Re: A day in the life of...University of Washington
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
Accepted: Michigan, UCLA, Minnesota, U. of Washington, Northeastern, Pittsburgh, Temple

Good to see I'm not the only one who turned down UCLA to go to UW.  :D
Is it September yet?

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not creepy, it's kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 01:31:30 PM »
Nice.  looks like we'll all be classmates!  I haven't decided for sure, but I would say I'm about 99%.  I'm super excited about the PNW.  It will be a whole new experience for me. 
University of Washington 2011

WildRichLord

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 01:25:01 AM »
Nice.  looks like we'll all be classmates!  I haven't decided for sure, but I would say I'm about 99%.  I'm super excited about the PNW.  It will be a whole new experience for me. 

Be sure to introduce yourself on the UW 2011 mailing list if you decide to go!  Any chance you can make it to the moot court finals next week?
Is it September yet?

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »

Be sure to introduce yourself on the UW 2011 mailing list if you decide to go!  Any chance you can make it to the moot court finals next week?

Unfortunately I don't think so.  I was really hoping to come.  But I haven't been able to find a good deal on airfare.  Maybe there will be a last minute fare that pops up. 

There's a UW 2011 mailing list?  how does one get on that? 

Yak Herder

• University of Washington 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
Accepted: Michigan, UCLA, Minnesota, U. of Washington, Northeastern, Pittsburgh, Temple

Although I will miss hanging out with mi gente, I'm not sorry to turn down the smog, the car-centric city design, and the superficial glitz.  Seattle is much more of a fit for me tempermentally, I can sense already.

Plus, I don't know how much older you are, OlderandWiser, but if you're like all those crazy kids on "The Face-Book," there's now a group for the law class of 2011.
Denied: Harvard
Waitlisted: Berkeley, Penn, Texas
Pending: Cornell
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=YakHerder

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »

Although I will miss hanging out with mi gente, I'm not sorry to turn down the smog, the car-entric city design, and the superficial glitz.  Seattle is much more of a fit for me tempermentally, I can sense already.

Plus, I don't know how much older you are, OlderandWiser, but if you're like all those crazy kids on "The Face-Book," there's now a group for the law class of 2011.

ha, not that much older.  young enough that I am aware of the facebook.  ;) I'll go look for the 2011 group now.

Yak Herder

• University of Washington 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »
Who knew when we were sitting for the LSAT at Duquesne in December that we would find ourselves enrolling at the same school 2500 miles away?
Denied: Harvard
Waitlisted: Berkeley, Penn, Texas
Pending: Cornell
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=YakHerder