Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech 2008  (Read 740 times)

ekm86

• View Profile
Texas Tech 2008
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »
hey yall! so i'm currently leaning towards heading up to lubbock and attending tech this upcoming fall, assuming i am not accepted at any of the remaining 3 schools where i am still pending. after visiting a few of my choices, and taking a weekend trip up to TTU, i'm getting pretty good vibes about this. anyone else thinking they're going to be a red raider as well?!  :)

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Tech 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
I'll be at their ASD/Chili Cook-off in a couple weeks... hoping that helps me decide what to do.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
I've been accepted, though I am leaning towards other schools. I am just waitlisted at those other schools  :P

As it is right now, it is a toss up between Willamette (with my scholarship its 3-4grand cheaper) and TTU. I don't think I want to necessarily stay in Texas, and with 4.5 years of Lubbock behind me... I am not sure I can handle more of it.

Nothing against either of you ;)

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:47:47 PM »
hey yall! so i'm currently leaning towards heading up to lubbock and attending tech this upcoming fall, assuming i am not accepted at any of the remaining 3 schools where i am still pending. after visiting a few of my choices, and taking a weekend trip up to TTU, i'm getting pretty good vibes about this. anyone else thinking they're going to be a red raider as well?!  :)

They took a beating from Kansas the other knight.  ;D
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:37:03 AM »
Looks like poet girl is out.

Anyone else considering Tech?

dolemite01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
I applied two months ago and still have not heard anything back.  Never even crossed my mind to apply there until they sent me a package detailing their school, etc.  I was wait listed at Baylor and U of H is taking forever also in getting back to me.  So it's really between Houston &  Texas Tech.   I have a family so the sooner I find something out the better so I can make plans to move.

I've never personally been to Lubbock though, grew up in Waco and have lived in Austin the last eight years.
154 LSAT, 3.05 / 3.48 Degree, 27 with two kids, worked full time to support family, came from an extremely rough background that included poverty and first college graduate in family including extended...white male....