Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IU-Indy pisses me off  (Read 772 times)

oreket din

• View Profile
IU-Indy pisses me off
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
So I submitted my application early November, and still haven't heard from Indy.  Looking at past years on LSN I noticed people didn't hear until March so I was expecting an answer any day.  Today I get an email saying that I won't hear back until the end of April!  Did everyone else receive this too?  I think it's absolutely ridiculous.  So while this may be my first choice, I have to put a seat deposit elsewhere because they can't meet the April 1st deadline.  This would be acceptable if I applied in February, but I applied long ago.  I hope they gain pleasure knowing that myself and probably many others are losing $250... I wouldn't be surprised if it hurts their matriculation numbers.

defense

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IU-Indy pisses me off
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
I got the same email and thought the same thing.

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »
That's really funny, I haven't gotten any communications from them in a while . . . .

ladyhr77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
I got the same message today as well.

zyx333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:47:50 AM »
I'll tell you what will hurt their matriculation numbers: requiring the first deposit on April 1 and scheduling the (only) admitted student day for April 12.  ::)

I withdrew today because of this.  Hopefully one of you will get my spot.

Hubel123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:06:23 AM »
They're playing all kinds of games this year and it seems to be pissing everyone off.  I got an acceptance in January that required a seat deposit by March 1st. I was just going to let it pass, even though I possibly wanted to go there, just because I thought it was ridiculous.  Then a few days before the first they sent an email that said because of many angry responses they were extending it until April 1st.  It's bad when you've managed to piss off both your accepted and pending students. 

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
Sorry to hear about everyone's frustration. I heard they have more apps this year and are truly taking their time to choose b/t them. They usually do take a while, but this year they got more apps than last. The popularity pressure has gotten to them a bit, I think. Good luck everyone one!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:10:12 AM »
Sorry to hear about everyone's frustration. I heard they have more apps this year and are truly taking their time to choose b/t them. They usually do take a while, but this year they got more apps than last. The popularity pressure has gotten to them a bit, I think. Good luck everyone one!

Well, I really appreciate someone from the school (even if you're not in the admissions department), getting on here to give us an update.  Do you know if they're sending out e-mail or snail-mail decisions?  I've got to say, e-mail can be a wonderful thing! (especially for people who will be out of town over Spring Break and unable to obsessively check the mail)!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »

Well, I really appreciate someone from the school (even if you're not in the admissions department), getting on here to give us an update.  Do you know if they're sending out e-mail or snail-mail decisions?  I've got to say, e-mail can be a wonderful thing! (especially for people who will be out of town over Spring Break and unable to obsessively check the mail)!

Ususally they do not send email acceptances out. ALTHOUGH they do CALL you (I was called 2 years ago), so if you gave them your sell phone then bring it with you on Spring Break if you can. Since they are saying and probibly aware of students losing $$ deposits at other schools b/c they haven't sent out a decision yet, They are more likely to call you for an acceptance than earlier in the year. They have never been known to let people know by email, BUT who knows, with this year they may do that.

Chances are if you don't hear by Early May consider yourself to be on a "hidden waitlist" they are most likely going to wait and see what other people accepted their acceptances before sending out more. I know some people who got accepted a day or two before orientation...crazy huh!! Ususally those students live close by and don't mind making the trip though. My advice keep the school informed as to how much you want to attend.

ASW is April 12th this year?? Wow 2 years ago I remember it was in late March. That shows how much they are falling behind. This years 1L class was the largest yet. They let in too many students the sections have over a 100 students in them and 3 sections (2day 1evening) means over 300 new 1L's. I'd expect next year to be just as much or more unless the New DEAN wants to put a cap on it, which I think he may do. Making it that much harder to choose. I wish you all luck. And hope to see you at ASW!! B/c I usually am a speaker during that day.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Hubel123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »
I was notified via email of my acceptance and about two weeks later they sent a package.