Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WVU decision...sort of  (Read 251 times)

need advice 123

• View Profile
WVU decision...sort of
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
This is what I got when I checked my status...
"The Admissions Committee of the West Virginia University College of Law, acting on behalf of the faculty of the College of Law, has reviewed your application and has classified it as one which does not merit immediate denial or admission but merits further examination before a final decision is reached. This is not a notification of wait list status."

I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or has been in a similar situation. To me this seems exactly like being put on the wait list.  What sort of outcome should I expect?

Thanks.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WVU decision...sort of
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:29:19 PM »
It's called a deferral, basically the same as a waitlist at this point.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WVU decision...sort of
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »
This is different from a waitlist because you are being guaranteed a decision at some point, whereas with a waitlist you don't have any real decision til the day school starts. You can probably expect a decision shortly after their deadline for deposits, because basically what they're doing is waiting to see who all that they've accepted actually sends in deposits and is going to come. Once those deposits are in and they know if they have space left they may or may not admit you. There is no telling what your chances are at this point because it all depends on how many people decide to attend the school.