Law School Discussion

Will at least a WL or Deferral be given before april 1st?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Will at least a WL or Deferral be given before april 1st?
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:07:40 AM »
I applied to all of my schools early, will I hear SOMETHING from them before the priority deadlines go into effect?  Even if its a WL or some kind of weird deferral?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will at least a WL or Deferral be given before april 1st?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »
This looks good, but Im nervous as I dont want to waste a deposit fee at another institution.  I just want to know that Im going to receive an answer.

Dear Billt568,

Your file is complete and is up with the admissions committee. The earliest you may hear is in about 4 to 6 weeks. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Suffolk Law Admissions

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:23 AM
To: lawadm@suffolk.edu
Subject: Deans Certificate - Complete Notification

Good day, and sorry to bother you at this busy point of the year.  I was wondering if I could be notified as to the status of my application to Suffolk LS, specifically concerning my dean's certificate.  I applied October 15, and there having been no notification of my file going complete thus far, I wanted to make sure my application was not in limbo as it were.  I'm sure you receive a tremendous amount of similar e-mails, my apologies for being a pest.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
Wow.  Fingers crossed that they are just giving you an "outside figure" and that you will actually hear sooner!

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »
I suspect my app was lost or sitting in some off to the side cubby honestly.  I mean, people are getting into suffolk with index numbers substantially lower then mine.  My LSAT is at the 75% and my GPA is above median.  And I applied almost 4 1/2 months ago.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
Dude, have you seen the movie ORANGE COUNTY?  Itís lame but it should be required viewing for all of us who are waiting for admissions committees to make up their minds about us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County_(film)

Good luck to you.