Law School Discussion

-

Re: Have you made your final decision about where you're going to school?
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »
Yeah, that's my passport picture. I made a stink about wearing the beret, though. I had to work hard to get the special consideration.

The beret is extremely meaningful to me, however. It was given to me by the then-present (bald) King of France during one of Bertrand Russell's talks at the University of Paris. I wear it everywhere nowadays.

King of France? Is that like the Queen of America or the Czarina of Tokyo?

Only if those are definite descriptions.

BlueGreen

• [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2008, 01:20:35 AM »
With one acceptance so far (and likely waitlists everywhere else), I'd say I'm 90% decided.

you got into gtown, where are our free beers?!

Am I missing something?
\

ah sorry, someone on your lsn page mentioned free beers for everyone on lsn if he got into gtown, for a sec i got confused and thought you'd posted on your own lsn page. stupid.  :P

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2008, 07:13:40 AM »
OK so the only problem with all this excitement and hyperdrive is that realistically it's only the first week of March.  This means that when you go to excitedly lock in a residence wherever it is you're going so that you can move forward and have an address, you can't because no one will talk to you about a lease this early.  Waiting, always waiting!  I did give my employer my last day at work date yesterday though, which felt awesome!

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »
OK so the only problem with all this excitement and hyperdrive is that realistically it's only the first week of March.  This means that when you go to excitedly lock in a residence wherever it is you're going so that you can move forward and have an address, you can't because no one will talk to you about a lease this early.  Waiting, always waiting!  I did give my employer my last day at work date yesterday though, which felt awesome!

OMG I KNOW!!!  I so started looking for a place in D.C. already and people are all like "I need someone May 1st" or "I need someone March 15th".  So frustrating.

I've had realtors tell me that I should call them like 3 weeks before I want to move in...but how will I know that there will be apts available in the building I want?!?!?!  AAARRRGGGH!  I just want an address, blast it!

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 07:58:56 AM »
I'm in an even worse position because my husband has to change jobs AND we have to rent out our current house.  Yeah sorry that doesn't happen in 3 weeks.

My fiance has to find a job too.  But at least we know what city we're going to, so he can start looking.  Can you move forward with renting your house and stay with someone if there's a gap between vacating the rented house and moving in to the new one?

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 08:19:52 AM »
With one acceptance so far (and likely waitlists everywhere else), I'd say I'm 90% decided.

You're going to get off of at least one of those waitlists. And I think you'll be accepted to UCLA -whether you'd want to go there over georgetown is another issue but either way I think you'll see another acceptance.

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »
would you two quit with this?? honestly...go figure out what you're gonna do instead of complaining on a message board.

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 09:32:53 AM »
I'm in an even worse position because my husband has to change jobs AND we have to rent out our current house.  Yeah sorry that doesn't happen in 3 weeks.

My fiance has to find a job too.  But at least we know what city we're going to, so he can start looking.  Can you move forward with renting your house and stay with someone if there's a gap between vacating the rented house and moving in to the new one?

How are we going to stay with someone?  Where will all our furniture go!?  lol - sorry I'm just picturing us out in the street staying at a friends house and a UHAUL in their driveway and us going in daily for clothes.

LOL I don't know!  For us, if that were to happen, we'd probably have everything in a U-Haul and a suitcase with clothes and stay with my family.  But I guess if it doesn't work for you then that's not an option LOL.  The summer is usually a big moving time for everyone, so people will be looking to rent your place and there will be place TO rent wherever you're going.

Alecto

• Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
Isn't this board for obsessing!?   ???

Totally for obsessing. 

I guess one of the upsides of being poor grad students is that we're too poor to own our own place and all of our furniture (with the exception of a new futon) was hand-me-down stuff from my dad or garage-sale finds.  We're just going to sell/donate everything except a nice dresser and the futon, so that we only need a tiny UHAUL trailer.  Good luck!

Alecto

• Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
Cher:

Love the quote.  That was one of my favorite lines from that movie!